DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone go from Davinci to Adobe Premiere Pro?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I have been learning editing over the last 6 months and have been using Davinci Resolve.. Let me start of by saying its a very very powerful program and i have been very happy for something that is literally free...

With that being said as I put more and more time into video editing and want to get into photo editing as well I am wondering if i should explore going with what as far as I can tell is the best for windows being Adobe Premiere Pro..

My issue is looking at pricing it looks like its about 249 a year... which isnt cheap...

Just wondering if anyone else here has been in this situation and can share their experience.

What I do:
  • Edit videos i shoot for drones and family stuff
  • Hyper lapse stuff
  • Want to get into Panoramic stuff
  • More Photo manipulation
What I dont do:
  • Anything professionally and charge
  • Want to make full movies etc

Machine im running it on:
  • Windows 10 Home
  • i7 -6700 @ 4ghz
  • 16 gigs Ram
  • 1080ti

Highly recommend Adobe Lightroom for photo editing. It does 80% of what Photoshop does at a far lower price. I've used both PP and Davinci for video editing, but I really don't recommend PP for photo editing. I'm not a big fan of the cloud-based software--I'd rather just buy the program outright, but it seems like that's next to impossible to do with Adobe anymore.....

Highly recommend Adobe Lightroom for photo editing. It does 80% of what Photoshop does at a far lower price. I've used both PP and Davinci for video editing, but I really don't recommend PP for photo editing. I'm not a big fan of the cloud-based software--I'd rather just buy the program outright, but it seems like that's next to impossible to do with Adobe anymore.....

Yah, the whole cloud based subscription model in general seems the way things are going.. not a fan either. I have never got into photo editing much i just see myself going there in the future i already kinda do it with some i take from still of video..

So your experience with PP and Davinci for videos, huge difference to you?

I'm a photographer/videographer and have used Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Pro for years, but about a year ago I decided to try out Davinci for my wedding video editing and have not looked back. I continued with my creative suite subscription for a while in case I didn't get on with Davinci but have now cancelled it all bar Photoshop and Lightroom which I need for my photography. I have to say I haven't missed PP, Davinci doesn't crash as much as PP was doing, it is far more cost effective plus, in my opinion, Davinci is a better program particularly for colour correction and grading. I'm now on the full Davinci Studio for a one off payment and free upgrades. The free version of Davinci is a very good program and worth sticking with particularly when you compare it to the cost of Premiere Pro.

Upvote for Davinci Resolve. Also tried PP for brief time but the GUI was just too confusing to me.

DaVinci Resolve. It has far more power, and for me, is easier to use. It has the industry standard color correction capabilities, as well as Fusion for special effects.

The only downside is that it requires slightly more computing horsepower in some cases.

All good to know, looks like sticking with Davinci may be the better option here...

There's not much to choose between Davinci and PP. Usually comes down to preference.

However if you're looking to photography editing also, you can get a bundle, which includes both Adobe PP and Lightroom.

Editing a 20 picture Pano in lightroom is pretty rewarding/addictive - But expensive as you say!

So I have been learning editing over the last 6 months and have been using Davinci Resolve.. Let me start of by saying its a very very powerful program and i have been very happy for something that is literally free...

With that being said as I put more and more time into video editing and want to get into photo editing as well I am wondering if i should explore going with what as far as I can tell is the best for windows being Adobe Premiere Pro..

My issue is looking at pricing it looks like its about 249 a year... which isnt cheap...

Just wondering if anyone else here has been in this situation and can share their experience.

What I do:
  • Edit videos i shoot for drones and family stuff
  • Hyper lapse stuff
  • Want to get into Panoramic stuff
  • More Photo manipulation
What I dont do:
  • Anything professionally and charge
  • Want to make full movies etc

Machine im running it on:
  • Windows 10 Home
  • i7 -6700 @ 4ghz
  • 16 gigs Ram
  • 1080ti

I've been using PremierePro along with Adobe Suite (Phogtoshop,Lightroom, AE), and got a 40%sale discount for year. That year is expiring in a few weeks and the price is going to the regular rate- ouch! Still, I'd rather pay than learn a new software. Premiere has everything I will ever need.

Reactions: VenomXts
Luckily I have the creative suite through work and you can put it on 2 machines so I have one on my work computer and go back and forth from my iMac to my MacBook Pro. I have been using Photoshop for almost as long as it's been around so for photography, it's a no-brainer. I'm fairly new to Premiere but have been working on getting good on it and adding on After Effects. Jumping from machine to machine is a good perk as well. When I have stuff for work, I usually use my iMac but when editing I use my MacBook hooked into my TV for editing and use the retina display for color.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121