DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone has any experience with Activetrack's Spotlight?

Lit Gimbal

Reactions
I see people using trace and profile all the time. No attention is given to Spotlight, however. Does anyone use it and know its strengths? No YouTube videos on this topic. I know the drone focuses only the camera on you and does not move without your input. Has anyone tried filming something or someone using spotlight like on Inspire's rotating camera? Specifically, motion shots where action is present
Thank you!

I see people using trace and profile all the time. No attention is given to Spotlight, however. Does anyone use it and know its strengths? No YouTube videos on this topic. I know the drone focuses only the camera on you and does not move without your input. Has anyone tried filming something or someone using spotlight like on Inspire's rotating camera? Specifically, motion shots where action is present
Thank you!

It’s basically course lock combined with active track. The aircraft is in course lock and the camera is fixed on the target. This is the only activetrack I use.

The advantage is you control the aircraft and just focus on flying while the camera is doing the work of keeping the subject in the frame.

The course lock is set to always face the subject rather than a direction. So if the subject is in front of the aircraft and then runs behind the aircraft it will pivot in place to turn around while keeping focus on the subject. The same thing is true if you fly over the subject. It’s pretty cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S