DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have a spare propellor

Got the vid on my phone, it was hovering stable, no attempt to return home, the vid just ends and picked it up at the side of a road as is. Can't fathem what happened with the vid alone. the vid shows it just hovering and then the vid stopped.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
couple of ideas low battery landing or the loss of signal RTH was set at land and it did as it was instucted

Battery was good I can't tell what the return to home was but I always reset it to that, return to home not land.

Got the vid on my phone, it was hovering stable, no attempt to return home, the vid just ends and picked it up at the side of a road as is. Can't fathem what happened with the vid alone. the vid shows it just hovering and then the vid stopped.

Oh noooo, this sound like a battery dis connect , our you going to post a log for the number grinders .

Oh noooo, this sound like a battery dis connect , our you going to post a log for the number grinders .
Way to big an assumption! It unfortunately sounds more like, if the OP checked the setting that it was set to RTH on loss of signal, that it might have lost GPS lock. However this is obviously also a guess & the flight logs would probably be able to say what happened.

quote from user manual:

“The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing“

Way to big an assumption! It unfortunately sounds more like, if the OP checked the setting that it was set to RTH on loss of signal, that it might have lost GPS lock. However this is obviously also a guess & the flight logs would probably be able to say what happened.

quote from user manual:

“The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing“
tri
True , but im listening to the OP and what he is telling us, Video going blank is my cue something other than RTH triggered.

quote from user manual:

I do live in an area with a no fly zone, its a stadium, this as I live a mile away I applied for the licence to fly, I had this and all sorted. I was never going to fly anywhere near the stadiam and as its not in use atm I thought no problems. Most of my flying is round by my house close to the stadiam that I thought I had permission to fly around, not over as its the rules, empty or not. I think this was the issue, it did flag a warning before signal dropped out but as I applied for the licence to fly, recieved the code, imputed it to the fly app I was good to go. It was just this instance it all went wrong far to quick with no explanation from any Info I have to hand.

RTH is the default at start up. GPS loss under an overpass could and probably would happen..sounds unlikely over and overpass. I've had two battery loss landings. (don't ask :() both times it announced that it was landing.

We could spend all night making guesses, how about posting the flight logs and seeing if one of the experts on here can tell us what happened?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu