DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have issues connecting an iPad Mini 6 with Mini 2 controller?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
So far I have had no issues connecting my iPhone XR with my Mini 2's controller. But I received an iPad Mini 6 for my birthday and often have major difficulties connecting the iPad to my controller. I often get "RC controller not connected" though I try to plug it in all sorts of ways. After wrestling with the combo, sometimes restarting the iPad I can get it connect, but only through the USB-c port on the top near the antenna, not the port on the bottom. I mean I'd go through several different USB-c to USB-c cables and none of them would work at first, after SEVERAL ATTEMPTS, not knowing what I did different I would finally get a connection, sometimes taking 10 minutes of swapping this and that.

But again, no issues going USB-c to lightning for my iPhone.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING ANY CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH THE iPad mini 6 and the Mini 2 controller?

Works fine for me. Might be your cable.

I just discovered something...
I ordered some USB-c to lightning cables in 2 ft length so that I could use the longer cable with VR Goggles.
What I realized is that I had the same issue with my iPhone, I could get no connection from the bottom USB-c port, but it worked fine at the port near the antenna!!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS CONNECTING VIA THE PORT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CONTROLLER, EITHER IPAD OR IPHONE (OR ANDROID?????

I thought the bottom port was for charging only?

Never tried to use it for for flight.

Bottom port is for charging the controller, the connection ports are under the antenna. The left side port is used only for cord storage with the original short cords if you prefer to keep the cord plugged into the controller.

Reactions: RMS001 and MA2 317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej