DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone here fly with a 360 camera mount?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Looking to mount my Insta360 One X on the bottom of my MP

I see several mounts available and wanna know which one is the best for smooth footage without hampering flight characteristics.

Looking to mount my Insta360 One X on the bottom of my MP

I see several mounts available and wanna know which one is the best for smooth footage without hampering flight characteristics.
Yeah, I actually just mounted my Insta360 one x to my mavic pro 2 for the first time today. I used the connector sold on the insta360one x website. I attached the bottom adapter since it said the top may interfere with GPS. First time, so I figured play it safe.... The footage came out stable as heck! It's uploading rn. I'll share when it finishes

Sweet
Which mount did you use?
Does it have rubber insulators?
Will it fit the old MP or is it only for the MP2?

Sweet
Which mount did you use?
Does it have rubber insulators?
Will it fit the old MP or is it only for the MP2?
Yeah, here's pics of everything. I'm not sure if it will work for the one as well. I only own the two. Pics show where it connects. (Right where the camera cover locks in)

Attachments

• IMG_20200218_204805_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200218_204805_MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20200218_204640_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200218_204640_MP.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200218_204752_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200218_204752_MP.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200218_204645_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200218_204645_MP.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Also yes it does have the rubber insulators. They are identical to those on the Mavic Pro gimbal

Hmm, don't think that will fit the MP1, but kinda odd that they don't include the insulators with the MP1 kit, only the MP2 :confused:

Hmm, don't think that will fit the MP1, but kinda odd that they don't include the insulators with the MP1 kit, only the MP2 :confused:
For real? It doesn't come with the Mavic 1? That surely IS odd. I know insta360 had a live chat support on their site. Maybe login and ask them tomorrow afternoon when they are online. Get a reason for this madness

For real? It doesn't come with the Mavic 1? That surely IS odd. I know insta360 had a live chat support on their site. Maybe login and ask them tomorrow afternoon when they are online. Get a reason for this madness

I'm looking at the bundles right now.

Both the MP1 and MP2 bundles are $19 bucks, but only the MP2 bundle has the rubber insulators.

Kinda confusing cause they use the same image of the mount on the drone without the insulators in both of the bundles

Last edited:
Hey, btw. Here's the footage from today. Let me excuse it. It was just a test never meant to be shared. Hahaha

What position did you mount the camera?

Hanging down at full length or mounted closer to the body?

Any noticeable difference in flight?

buddb, same questions for you

Kinda hard for me to compare the two videos because the first one only works on my Android in 360* and looks smooth, but blurry

Second video looks clear on my laptop as post edit videos are usually better than actual 360*, but appears to have a bit of jello

What position did you mount the camera?

Hanging down at full length or mounted closer to the body?

Any noticeable difference in flight?

buddb, same questions for you

Kinda hard for me to compare the two videos because the first one only works on my Android in 360* and looks smooth, but blurry

Second video looks clear on my laptop as post edit videos are usually better than actual 360*, but appears to have a bit of jello
Lots of jello, hence me only flying it once. Might try again and see if I can get better results.

Lots of jello, hence me only flying it once. Might try again and see if I can get better results.
I've just picked up an 'Insta360 One' camera and a mount to hang it under my Mavic Pro. I've seen a post by Alex Markov (attached) where he has a YouTube video, that you can use your mouse to navigate around and choose the direction of view while the video plays. Your video has the view directions 'set' ... Was that done in post-edit or did it just turn out that way?? The bottom line is - I'm yet to try editing a 360 vid' and looking for hints about how it's done.

I've just picked up an 'Insta360 One' camera and a mount to hang it under my Mavic Pro. I've seen a post by Alex Markov (attached) where he has a YouTube video, that you can use your mouse to navigate around and choose the direction of view while the video plays. Your video has the view directions 'set' ... Was that done in post-edit or did it just turn out that way?? The bottom line is - I'm yet to try editing a 360 vid' and looking for hints about how it's done.

The beauty of the 360 cams is that you can do it both ways

Here's a post edit video of me walkng around at work

If you view on your PC, you'll have control using your curor keys or the arrows in the upper left corner

If you use the YouTube app on your phone/tablet, just move it around for a VR view

Here's the same video after a post edit

Here's a short video showing how to use the viewfinder editor on your phone

It's MUCH easier than trying to edit on the PC editor

Reactions: FoxhallGH
The beauty of the 360 cams is that you can do it both ways

It's MUCH easier than trying to edit on the PC editor
Thanks for those - looks like I've got loads of fun ahead! :D

Just saw there is a sunnylife mount for the MP1. Might need to grab this for my ricoh theta.

this one does

The pix in that listing is a bit confusing

Does it come with ALL of what is shown in the photos?

Looks like two different setups (with and without dampeners)

Contacted seller last week and have yet to receive a response

He's also had a bit of negative feedback lately, so I'll pass

Been on the hunt for a US seller, but can't seem to find one that has everything shown in that listing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929