DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone here traveled to Oman via land border with drone

Safwan

Reactions
Hello Guys,

I am travelling to OMAN for a weekend and would love to carry mavic mini with me. anyone have any experience taking drone in car via land border

Hello Guys,

I am travelling to OMAN for a weekend and would love to carry mavic mini with me. anyone have any experience taking drone in car via land border
I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the past 2 months to get a permit to fly in Oman for a proposed trip there next January 2021. It is nearly impossible to get a permit. I have spent hours on the computer, writing and filling out forms. No luck. They only allow commercial use at this time. I tried to request commercial use and got no reply, They say they will confiscate at airport, charge a daily storage fee, etc. Flying without permit subject to $10,000 fine and a year in jail!!! Yikes! I am giving up on my quest to take the drone on my Middle East (Doha,Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat) vacation.

Let me know if you have any luck! Don't get put in jail or lose a lot of $$$.

Dale
Miami

• Wow
Reactions: Gindra
Hello Guys,

I see you are from Dubai. I will be traveling there next January. Still not able to get permit from aviation authorities. Flying in the UAE and Oman is a hopeless cause. I will be leaving my Mavic 2 Pro home in Miami.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair