DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Here Using the NLD Software on Their Mavic 2?

Been using it long? What is your consensus?
You might get somewhere near a consensus or opinion/experience if you search earlier threads and spend some time in the NLD forums.

What you might need to consider is that you can’t fly with later software or app on the M2 and achieve what your seemingly intent in doing.

You might also find that DJI is getting better with the current GEO fencing. That’s is, at least has been my experience, areas that had big red circles now allow flight. I am on current firmware now and can say the areas that are locked arguably should be. Flying there as a hobby operator would be silly.

Other than finally being able to power up my bird inside, I haven't used it. I mainly got it to use for work purposes. I have read too many stories of people showing up on a job with the required wavier and the DJI app not accepting it and there you are on the job and you can't even start the props... Not only would that be very embarassing, its a good way to loose business.

I have been checking all the maps to fly around the yard a bit but they all have varying zones but only the go4 app puts me in a red restricted zone. Even DJI's website does not show me in a red zone. Might try cruising the backyard and pond keeping it under 50 feet or so but until I use a wavier, about all I can tell you is that it works.

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 0002.png
    0002.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 0003.png
    0003.png
    152 KB · Views: 51
  • 0004.png
    0004.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 0005.png
    0005.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: MRomine
You might get somewhere near a consensus or opinion/experience if you search earlier threads and spend some time in the NLD forums.

I just thought I might get a more ture evaluation here than on the developers website. The ole conflict of interest 'thing', and I could be totally wrong.

What you might need to consider is that you can’t fly with later software or app on the M2 and achieve what your seemingly intent in doing.

Not sure I follow you. It sounds like you are saying that not having DJI/Go4 software up to date can cause issues?

My issue seem to mainly be with trying to communicate what I want when it comes to customized GEO fencing from DJI. It has been taking several e-mail rounds to get everything cleared up and in place the way my COW from the FAA states.

You might also find that DJI is getting better with the current GEO fencing. That’s is, at least has been my experience, areas that had big red circles now allow flight. I am on current firmware now and can say the areas that are locked arguably should be. Flying there as a hobby operator would be silly.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

mark

I just thought I might get a more ture evaluation here than on the developers website. The ole conflict of interest 'thing', and I could be totally wrong.

Not sure I follow you. It sounds like you are saying that not having DJI/Go4 software up to date can cause issues?

My issue seem to mainly be with trying to communicate what I want when it comes to customized GEO fencing from DJI. It has been taking several e-mail rounds to get everything cleared up and in place the way my COW from the FAA states.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

mark
I’m saying you can’t run up to date firmware and/or current GO4 versions with the NLD solution as it exists now.

I’m saying you can’t run up to date firmware and/or current GO4 versions with the NLD solution as it exists now.
I'm guessing that you have not used it?
Here is a screenshot using the "latest" Go4 (4.3.17) on an iPad and it works just fine....
Granted it is Firmware ver 0.100 on the bird but I don't need Precision landing as I am perfectly capable of that myself and I have Litchi for Waypoints which is better than the DJI Waypoints.
If absolutely needed, I can remove NLD and reapply later....

At least when I show up for a job with a wavier, I won't get scre$#@ over by DJIs crap.

I'm guessing that you have not used it?
Here is a screenshot using the "latest" Go4 (4.3.17) on an iPad and it works just fine....
Granted it is Firmware ver 0.100 on the bird but I don't need Precision landing as I am perfectly capable of that myself and I have Litchi for Waypoints which is better than the DJI Waypoints.
If absolutely needed, I can remove NLD and reapply later....

View attachment 72908

At least when I show up for a job with a wavier, I won't get scre$#@ over by DJIs crap.
I guess you don’t understand how it works. GEO database is in both firmware and GO4.The latest GO will work to fly but your intended outcome won’t be as you expect. Have a look at what the current fly safe database versions are for you. Fail!

I guess you don’t understand how it works. GEO database is in both firmware and GO4.The latest GO will work to fly but your intended outcome won’t be as you expect. Have a look at what the current fly safe database versions are for you. Fail!
As you can see in the screenshot, I live in a now restricted zone and I can take off no problem with the current Go4.
It was applied two days ago so maybe something has changed?

As you can see in the screenshot, I live in a now restricted zone and I can take off no problem with the current Go4.
It was applied two days ago so maybe something has changed?
All you need to know is on the NLD website. I am reluctant to go into it here as I understand it would arguably be outside the forum guidelines. Not only that the NLD people know a lot more about it than we might ever know.

All I am claiming to know is it works here in a restricted zone at my house using the new Go4 app. Maybe I just got lucky but then I stopped taking Geo updates a long time ago....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike