DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***UPDATE*** Winter Wonderland photo contest. Prizes for the top 3 entries

Would you submit a photo to the Winter Wonderland photo contest?

• Yes I have a photo that I would enter

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • No, Im too busy

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No, but I would like to see what everyone else enters.

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Member

Reactions
UPDATE

The contest is on! Post your pictures in this thread. I copied the contest rules from the Fall Foliage contest. Please let me know if you see any inconsistencies in them.

If you have taken or will be taking a picture of a winter snowscape with your Mavic drone (MP, MPP, MA or M2), and you would like to enter it into our contest, please submit your photo as a thumbnail in this thread. Please do not post full sized photos in order to conserve thread space.

1. This contest is for Mavicpilots forum members only
  2. It is not a paid gig, so you don’t have to be Part 107 to enter.
  3. You are the rights holder for the entry. We will use it only for contest purposes.
  4. Any photos not reflective of the contest topic are subject to removal by the Admin or Mods
  5. Please do not respond to this thread with anything but your entries. Any comments will be deleted aside from what is recommended in #6 below. Comments will be allowed in a future thread.
  6. We would appreciate any info (but not required) about the photo such as:
    • time of day
    • NP or other filter used
    • Shutter speed
    • any post editing processes or software used
  7. Please don’t violate any airspace in your photos.
Submissions will be accepted until midnight Saturday February 23, 2019 EDT USA. After the entry period has been closed, the judges, made up of sponsors, approved vendors and staff, will pick the top 6 entries, and forum members will pick the top 3 as winners based on poll results. The 6 finalists entries will be shown on a new thread including a poll, allowing members to vote on their favorite entry, and comment on why they chose that particular one.

Prizes:

Prizes so far are:
  1. Tello for 1st place from Thunderdrones
  2. 2nd place is a $40 gift certificate from @Aerial-Pixel,
  3. 3rd place is a handy Third Hand Soldering Tool PCB Holder courtesy of @fstop.labs.

You don’t have to be a professional. Even if you are a beginner drone owner, we would like to see what you are capable of with a Mavic. Have fun, and let’s see what you can do.

Please click "like" on any posts that suit your fancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorD2
Can we have a flood and mud one too :p

Reactions: Former Member
I voted yes but I need to qualify my answer. We've got fresh snow in the forecast this week, so I'm hoping it'll clear the smog out of the air here in Salt Lake so I can shoot something nice to submit. Thanks for hosting these! Even when I don't get a chance to submit something, I love seeing what others share.

I would be game for snowy pics . I have lots of that stuff laying around . Trees with heavy frost hanging makes nice pics if the sun hits it just right

Is anyone interested in a Winter Wonderland photo contest? The Fall Foliage contest had over 100 entries, but the Holiday Lights contest was a flop.

If you have a photo of a snowscape that you would like to enter into the contest, please vote in this poll and contribute to this thread so I can get a feeler of whether or not it's worth doing.

Yeah yeah.

If I was guaranteed snow here I would definitely enter, but I’m in the hands of Mother Nature :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’ve I was guaranteed snow here I would definitely enter, but I’m in the hands of Mother Nature :rolleyes:

My wife makes me take her north every winter to see the snow. We hardly get any here. Not my idea of a winter vacation, but it makes her happy.

Reactions: Porky
My wife makes me take her north every winter to see the snow. We hardly get any here. Not my idea of a winter vacation, but it makes her happy.

Rob, at the end of the day ours wife’s are the bosses, She just likes bossing me about hence the name “boss” but we must keep them happy once in a while;)

Rob, just checked my weather forecast, see below. Now something is looking really good for me on the 24th;)

F8B23212-6363-40DB-A346-ADF7B00B5722.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU