DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know what firmware rev a BNIB Mavic 2 has?

Brian Fist

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows if DJI uses the latest revision on new drones at the time they are manufactured, or if they build them with a legacy revision?

I just purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom, BNIB, I was the one to remove the plastic wrap and break the seal on the box to just verify it was BNIB. Everything is new, and the box has a manufacture date of 7/2020 (July, 2020). I just do not know if the drone itself has the older revision firmware or not.

Now, I planned on using the drone for myself, so the firmware wouldn't matter for me, but I have a friend situation where someone wants a new Zoom, but with an older firmware revision (something about the newer ones firmwares locking out downgrades).

As it is, I also have a P4P v1 and a Mavic Air v1 to use, so I could let my friend have the one I just got and find another one if it is the proper firmware for them.

Also, I know I could plug it in and check it all out, but this would end up being a present for their SO as a Christmas gift, so I do not want to mess with it at all if I can determine if it will work for them. Basically it would allow the gift-giver to score MAJOR points for finding something the gift-receiver has been searching for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143