DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know what is causing this

daveeeee1975

Reactions
I took some stills this evening and have this green dot that appeared on a couple direct sunlight images. Gimbal tilt moves it and the lense cover looks clean.
56fd4d423636057d70b0ebac04303a83.jpg
8822dd9e6577b871f44dbfe944251fa2.jpg
892e0d02b88fe12cd656f72d93b51f9c.jpg

Does it happen when you're not facing the sun? Also, you're not flying with the gimbal cover on are you? Or a lens cover of some kind? It looks like a reflection from the camera lens to the inner surface of a gimbal cover or polarized lens cover.

Yes I figured that, would be filters help with this? Although an easy fix in post.

That is a type of lens flare. Its the sun reflecting off the internal lens/ glass surfaces of the camera. I love your shots, that should be easily edited out in post. This happens sometimes even with the finest SLR lenses. Question though, did you notice it on your phone when you took the picture?

How you can tell is that its opposite of the sun. The clouds were shading the sun on top, the green dot is shaded below. If the sun is on the right, the dot is on the left, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cbslagle
Yes , I slightly noticed . And what you say is true , thanks. I will play around with slight repositioning in the sky as that should fix the flare. Thanks for the info , it was very helpful and appreciated.

Reactions: MoonstruckView
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji