DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know what the altitude sensor is?

ash2020

Reactions
Hi all.I've noticed in my Mavic Air that the altitude sensor is reasonably accurate to 0.3 of a foot. We're evaluating very low pressure sensors for a medical device and I would like to find out what the component is. Does anyone know?
Thanks
Andrew

Hi all.I've noticed in my Mavic Air that the altitude sensor is reasonably accurate to 0.3 of a foot. We're evaluating very low pressure sensors for a medical device and I would like to find out what the component is. Does anyone know?
Thanks
Andrew
I believe it uses a combination of barometer, gps, optical and ultrasonic. The .3 foot is coming from the ultrasonic modules on the bottom.

I believe it uses a combination of barometer, gps, optical and ultrasonic. The .3 foot is coming from the ultrasonic modules on the bottom.
Yes, of course, being a bit stupid here. I was thinking it was purely barometric. We can currently measure 1 foot difference purely on barometric pressure and I was hoping it was an improvement. Ah well, back to the drawing board! Thanks.

Thanks
Andrew

Which sensor ? It has a barometric sensors for altitude and a separate set for "height above ground".

The barometric isn't very accurate and doesn't appear to be temperature compensated - it can easily drift 10ft or more during a flight.

The ultrasonic sensors are far more accurate but they dont measure pressure, they're measuring distance hence only working in the last 30ft or so.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser