DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone near LA lose your mavic?

This should be easy to identify with a special design like that.

Yeah I hope the owner sees it before it's sold. I tried to report it as stolen but the eBay app says only law enforcement can report the item stolen.

Technically its not stolen, its abandoned. it sucks, but whoever owned it spent a lot of time putting stickers on it, but he forgot the most important one..... Name, phone, reward if found.

Reactions: KentA
Would you prefer someone takes the time to do something as simple as trying to find you as the owner or throw your mavic straight on eBay if they find it?

Would you prefer someone takes the time to do something as simple as trying to find you as the owner or throw your mavic straight on eBay if they find it?

It would be nice if some one took time to do that. Some very good people do.
But it rarely works even when the finder takes the time to join forums and post about the find.
It is unreasonable to expect "John Q Public" to jump through hoops to return YOUR lost property. It is crazy to expect that when you don't even bother to put your return info on the drone.

Well maybe we have a difference of opinion on what "jumping through hoops" is. I guess since I know how unhappy I'd be if I lost my mavic.

I'd hope at least someone would make a thread here or use my memory card to find out who I am as those are two very simple steps to do.

Anyway it isn't mine and it isn't yours, hopefully the owner will see this post and get their property back before the individual selling it makes money they don't deserve.

I'd hope at least someone would make a thread here or use my memory card to find out who I am as those are two very simple steps to do.

DJI wont identify owners by S.N., FAA wont identify people by their FAA # (if that's on the AC) The memory card will not have anything to Identify the owner other than a possible selfie. and a location where flown.
So it would take a major stroke of luck for any effort to find the owner to be successful. Almost needle in a haystack odds.
Sorry, but that's how it is...

Technically its not stolen, its abandoned. it sucks, but whoever owned it spent a lot of time putting stickers on it, but he forgot the most important one..... Name, phone, reward if found.

You realize he could have peeled those off to make money, right?

You realize he could have peeled those off to make money, right?
Sure, but we just hope it was a Samaritan that picked it up. I would if it was me. I picked up an iphone X brand new. Then the following week I picked up another cheaper iphone.

If you want to report it, you can do so by selecting Listing Practices > Fraudulent Listing Activities > You suspect that a listing is fraudulent.

Because it is fraudulent - he has no right to sell it without owners authorisation, or without turning it into the police and waiting for it to become legally abandoned property. Maybe the owner was on their way to pick it up when he found it. Hell, for all he knows, it was involved in criminal activity.

DJI wont identify owners by S.N., FAA wont identify people by their FAA # (if that's on the AC) The memory card will not have anything to Identify the owner other than a possible selfie. and a location where flown.
So it would take a major stroke of luck for any effort to find the owner to be successful. Almost needle in a haystack odds.
Sorry, but that's how it is...

+1 to this. Going through this now. My dad found a mavic pro on his property. It's doable with the FAA b/c the guy had the number in there, but it aint easy. And without that it's a needle in the haystack indeed. I will post here if we don't hear back from the FAA. I do wonder why people who lost their drone don't add the approximate location (even just the state) to the subject line. As a regular Joe who finds one of these things and doesn't have time to scour the posts, it would make finding the owner a hell of a lot easier.

Or you can also take a photo of your contact details if they decide to read the sdcard.

yeah unfortunately I suffered same loss except for I had no stickers and didn't have the serial number and all that so it was my loss if I did see it on the internet on eBay being sold that was my bad no one else's it was basically a lost cause after I lost video feed after a sunset flight and it was too dark for me to see it in line of sight and lost it down in a parking a hundred feet from me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots