DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone not having Mavic Pro issues?

Slade

Reactions
Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.

You don't say what issues you have had but had mine for 2 years and on my second one ( first I trashed my own fault )
and now have the M2P and love them both .

No issues with my MP as of now other than I like flying my 2 better .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.95983

I'm still very new to the Mavic Pro as I recently got one a few weeks ago. I've only had 3 flights total due to my work schedule, but so far so good. I got mine from B&H the day they sold them for $650, but it came with a defective battery. Probably clearing out old inventory, but they did replace the battery free of charge. All in all, I am enjoying it. I just need to find time where I have daylight to fly it in. Right now I am stuck with weekends only.

You don't say what issues you have had but had mine for 2 years and on my second one ( first I trashed my own fault )
and now have the M2P and love them both .

No issues with my MP as of now other than I like flying my 2 better .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.95983
I’m just concerned if Mavics inherently have problems. Thanks for your input.

I'm running a Mavic Pro Platinum, and it's doing everything it says it does in the manual - and I spent 2 days studying the manual before I did my first (nervous) flight! I love it and have no regrets about buying it 2nd-user from eBay, rather than pushing my piggy bank to the limit and getting a Mav 2 Pro.

had my mavic pro platinum for a while now no issues whatsoever i purchased mine from a reputable DJI approved vendor in my own country not from internet vendors i think that there are DJI products out there that are not what they purport to be because they seem to be a bargain the biggest problems with mavics are not the drones themselves but more to do with lack of knowledge by the people who purchase them and then fly them without learning properly how to fly them.unfortunately most of the posts on the forums are about problems with mavs but for every one of them there are many many people who have no issues at all .with any cutting edge tech there is always the possibility of a faulty product but this is true for any thing we buy dont be put off by all you read

I'm running a Mavic Pro Platinum, and it's doing everything it says it does in the manual - and I spent 2 days studying the manual before I did my first (nervous) flight! I love it and have no regrets about buying it 2nd-user from eBay, rather than pushing my piggy bank to the limit and getting a Mav 2 Pro.
sorry FoxhallGH your post popped up while i was writing mine and i did not see it till after i posted my reply i did not name any particular vendors for obvious reasons and am not anti internet i was just trying to make a point

Reactions: FoxhallGH
sorry FoxhallGH your post popped up while i was writing mine and i did not see it till after i posted my reply i did not name any particular vendors for obvious reasons and am not anti internet i was just trying to make a point
Didn't take it that way for a single second my friend ...

... My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.
The majority of "issues" outside of pilot error are software compatibility with a display device (phone/tablet). I fly most days (weather permitting) without problems and am still amazed by the performance of my MP.

I have had my Mavic Pro for a few months now with no problems. It is a joy to fly and lots of fun to go back and see the videos.

Reactions: mereflyer
I started just like you with a Holly Stone drone.
I then went to a Phantom 3 Pro and then got the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic Pro is the best drone I ever owned !
Believe me if you get one you will love it, it is the most stable drone I ever owned, I cannot say enough good things about it!

Once I got the Mavic Pro I sold my Phantom 3 Pro.

I also now have the Mavic 2 Zoom and like it a lot but sometimes I think I like my Macic Pro more than the Mavic 2 Zoom.
You will not be disappointed if you buy the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic Pro is my first drone and as mentioned earlier, I got it from B&H when they had a special on them a little while ago. The battery that came with it, as well as another I bought have charged perfectly, and I've had nothing but good experiences with the whole package. I'm using an iPhone X with the controller and other than a little difficulty seeing the iPhone X screen on a bright day, no complaints. It's a blast to fly and this forum has been helpful getting the most out of it as I've searched for answers to the few questions I've had.

I've had a Mavic 1 since launch without any issues and since bought a Mavic 2 also without issues.

Forums do tend to present a negative view simply because people are more likely to post when they have an issue they want help with and much less likely to come here to post they've no issues. I think it's aggravated further with drones as when people post a topic looking for help after they've had an accident, the thread title will often blame the drone for a malfunction but after investigation it turns out it was operator error.

There have been a couple of polls on this forum asking people if they've had problems with their Mavic or not and they've been very positive.

Just operator error.
^^^
This is probably the best answer you are going to get.

My first drone was a Spark, and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. It hit the roof of my house. I wanted to blame the drone, but with a few hundred more flights and lots of studying, I can say for certain, that it was operator error. Now, I have added two Mavic Pros to the family, and they also do exactly what they are supposed to do. Hopefully, I won't fly them into my roof. The key to successful flying is to understand what the drone is supposed to do, and understand what the operator is supposed to do to get the desired results from the drone. If it is a dji drone and you aren't getting the desired results, I can almost guarrantee, it is, "Just operator error."

Am probably one of the first ones to own the Mavic Pro and there had been no problems whatsoever - just made sure that the flying conditions are good before taking off and have a pre-flight routine in place. Its when you take unnecessary risks that the drone (oh...I really HATE that word!!!) develops "issues". Having said that I have managed to fly the Pro to a distance of nearly 9.8 kms (to and fro over water!) without any modifications - that, I must admit, was a BIG risk! Practice makes perfect. I believe there is no bad aircraft, just bad operators...unless you are really, really unlucky and received a dud Mavic Pro out of the box!!!

Oh plus another $100 for a second controller...screwed up the first one learning what not to do when modding antennae.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929