DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone recommend a good filter to use on the Mavic

Laz

Reactions
So Apple Store UK Finely delivered my drone, planing to use it at the French Alps in two weeks time, could anyone recommend a company where I could get a good UV filter for the camera, as it gets quite sunny down there?

Since the current filters from PolarPro must be installed after the Mavic is powered up or it will interfere with the gimbal, I'll be holding out for there Cinema Series they will offer in January which will be designed to be small enough to remain on the Mavic. This means you will not have to remove the filter in between battery changes, before powering up, or ever if you don't want to.

Since the current filters from PolarPro must be installed after the Mavic is powered up or it will interfere with the gimbal, I'll be holding out for there Cinema Series they will offer in January which will be designed to be small enough to remain on the Mavic. This means you will not have to remove the filter in between battery changes, before powering up, or ever if you don't want to.

Why hold out? Just get the current filters now and then get the amount you paid for them credited toward the Cinema Series when they're available. Total cost will be the same, but you'll get some filters to use in the meantime.

Reactions: F6Rider
Why hold out? Just get the current filters now and then get the amount you paid for them credited toward the Cinema Series when they're available. Total cost will be the same, but you'll get some filters to use in the meantime.
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a Winner! Exactly what i did, it's a no-brainer!

just recieved the polarpro 3 pack filter but was unaware at the time it had to be installed after powering up. Are you saying they have some sortof trade in program for polar pro?

Last edited:
I went with the PGYTECH. Haven't gotten them yet. Hopefully will get them by next week.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

FILTERS for DJI MAVIC PRO - Designed by PGYTECH

Probably never use the UV filter, the Mavic has that stock. ND filters are nice, but I prefer them with a CP filter for water and snow scenes. CP 8ND has been my most used filter.

Agree!
We think that you should install the filter before powering up your mavic. Like other DJI gimbal (eg. for Inspire X5 M43 camera), DJI uses some kind of auto tuning algorithm to well tune the internal settings for each gimbal axis. We believe DJI applies the same algorithm to MAVIC gimbal also. If you install the filter after the startup initialization, the whole settings for each axis will be wrongly used. It may causes that the gimbal operates abnormally.

So Apple Store UK Finely delivered my drone, planing to use it at the French Alps in two weeks time, could anyone recommend a company where I could get a good UV filter for the camera, as it gets quite sunny down there?

Another thing you need to consider is the weight of the filter. TACO-RC one is only 0.7g the lightest filter in the market.

P1030513.jpg

Reactions: Rod
Is there any new reason not to go with the cheaper taco filters? e.g. quality

The quality seems great, and unlike the Polar Pros, they can be installed before powering on the Mavic or just left on all the time. I also like the case better. I can't think of a reason not to go with the Taco filters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO