DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone remember the Lily Drone ad? [Donner Summit Bridge]

Qoncussion

Reactions
Part of the (failed) campaign ad for the Lily Drone was shot on the Donner Summit Bridge, overlooking Donner Lake, in Truckee California. See here @ 40 seconds in:

Incidentally, it has been speculated that their ad was actually shot with a Phantom 2 w/GoPro Hero 3+ Black. As they never had a fully functional prototype.

This location is about 50 miles from my house... So I grabbed a couple of shots today while passing over the bridge:

HDR (in camera)
bc09c322a9ba0e32903ebef08ee61abc.jpg

AEB (7 photos merged in PS) - Bridge is in the bottom 3rd of the frame
e3dca1db3804a8abb444ce01cfb820e6.jpg

Here's the actual location of the bridge for anyone still reading my endless ramblings:

Google Maps

I remember. I wonder how many of it's advanced features DJI gleaned from it, even though none were ever released to the puiblic? Back then, DJI was still selling the phantom 2, a full year and a half before the Mavic came out.

I remember. I wonder how many of it's advanced features DJI gleaned from it, even though none were ever released to the puiblic? Back then, DJI was still selling the phantom 2, a full year and a half before the Mavic came out.
Back then, I was flying a P2. I still have the **** thing. I have a Futaba controller for it, with the Black Pearl FPV. It is (was) a good setup.

I had $500.00 into that Lily. I was one of the first "investors". They refunded full amount. They now have gen 2 lily. Threw money into the mavic never looked back.

I had $500.00 into that Lily. I was one of the first "investors". They refunded full amount. They now have gen 2 lily. Threw money into the mavic never looked back.

Glad to hear you got your $ back out.

Gen 2 folds like a Karma. It's a day (year) late and a dollar short.

I had *heard* that they made good with their "investors". Nice to know that they actually did.

OT, but I drive through Truckee/Donner Pass going to California all the time. Beautiful area. Jealous you live so closely to the area. Sad history though [emoji17].

Reactions: Qoncussion
Great pics, really nice scenery.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Hmm can you tell which one is a drone and which one is a vacuum? Lily vs Roomba. Tough choice. My wife would choose Roomba. Neither one flies anyway but at least the Roomba cleans up after you..

Lily vs Roomba.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000