DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone seen damage to their batteries?

Kennetf

Reactions
Hey there pilots!
I just noticed something strange with one of my batteries. I wouldn't say it looks swollen, but it has some...not really bumps, but kind of 3D-scratches. It's hard to see it visually, but I can feel it's not as smooth as my other battery when I drag my finger over the area. Never crashed it, so my thoughts are either some chemical craziness or transport damage. Don't know if u can see it, but i'll post a couple images anyway. Anyone familiar with this issue? Is it safe to use?

Attachments

• IMG_3345.JPG
    IMG_3345.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3346.JPG
    IMG_3346.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
I don't really see anything. Wondering if it's a paint problem. Heat can mess up paint a bit. Maybe you can say a few words about

1. How many cycles it's gone through.
2. Where you got it.
3. How you're storing it. In a bag, car trunk/boot, full charged, 50%, etc.

Forums are great, but you can always reach out to DJI too.

I don't really see anything. Wondering if it's a paint problem. Heat can mess up paint a bit. Maybe you can say a few words about

1. How many cycles it's gone through.
2. Where you got it.
3. How you're storing it. In a bag, car trunk/boot, full charged, 50%, etc.

Forums are great, but you can always reach out to DJI too.
I could ask DJI, but I wanted to check if anyone else have seen some changes on their batteries.

In the first image, it's the battery to the left that has the issue. If you look closely on the lower right side, you can see a small mark next to the power button.

However, I'm not sure if this is my main battery that followed the mavic, or the 2nd I bought at the same time. They are treated equally though, and bought at qualified DJI retailers. This one have 22 charges (see picture).

The battery not mounted on the mavic, is allways stored in a lipo safe bag. I haven't used the Mavic for a couple of weeks, and I just noticed the marks, so It has likely happened lately. The batteries are allways stored in room temperature, and If I don't manually fly them to 30 % before storing them; I have set a 8 day discharge time.

Attachments

• IMG_3351.PNG
    IMG_3351.PNG
    407.4 KB · Views: 33
Update if anyone else have similar issues:

I contacted DJI support and sent them the pictures of the batteries. They wanted me to send it back to their repair center for closer inspection. I ended up sending the entire bird because of a minor focus problem in the corner as well. I'll report back when I get more info about the battery damage from DJI's engineers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian