DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried flying wifi only without controller?

Rob

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone has been adventurous enough to fly their Mavic with their device alone instead of controller+device. It's supposed to just be a flip of a switch on the Mav.

Ive seen Youtube videos of people doing it with ok results, just the range and altitude was very limited.

I remember DJI mentioning they were gonna sell some without controllers, but never saw a single one advertised.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
This isnt something I could recommend. Wifi is limited in range because it is a weaker signal and interference will be much worse. Just think, what happens when the app crashes (and ole Murphy will make sure that happens at the worst possible moment) and you have no way of controlling the drone at all.

Not worth it for me, considering if I have the drone with me, I will have the RC with me. I cannot think of a single instance where I would choose wifi.

This isnt something I could recommend. Wifi is limited in range because it is a weaker signal and interference will be much worse. Just think, what happens when the app crashes (and ole Murphy will make sure that happens at the worst possible moment) and you have no way of controlling the drone at all.

Not worth it for me, considering if I have the drone with me, I will have the RC with me. I cannot think of a single instance where I would choose wifi.

I hear what youre saying. I did have a Parrot AR Drone that worked off of wifi, but it never lost it's signal, the app never crashed and it flew pretty well as long as it was below treetop level. That was 4 years ago and it only cost $165 but it was a cool toy for the money back then.

i tried it yesterday and kept it real close i was freezing my fingers from cold but it worked fine was steady as it can be and i will do it again the reason i tried it was dji did a poll on if i used wifi or not and my answer was like yours no reason to but after trying its quite useful just bebop out wifi on bam more pics :)

Reactions: seryan09
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato