DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use a pad holder with Hoodman

G Randy Brown

Reactions
Does anyone use this pad holder with a 2 piece Hoodman like this?
With a lanyard it's not too terribly top heavy but the pad holder itself doesn't really support the weight of the hoodman...it just sinks down...just wondering if mine is defective, if there's a way to permanantly fuse the holder at the hinge or if I'm just asking too much of the holder.
It does seem like they would have put some kind of mechanism that would tighten it more.
Thanks,
Randy

Last edited:
Hello, I use a Lekufee iPad holder with the very same sunhood with extension as pictured. Yes it is top heavy but the hinge does not move. True I used monkey force to tighten the plastic knob to stop the hinge from moving but it works.
That being said, I did not give a great review of Lekufee iPad holder because the plastic holding the springs in place broke.
A little glue later and all is well. I looked and asked on this forum what others were using for an iPad holder but to date no responses.

Hello, I use a Lekufee iPad holder with the very same sunhood with extension as pictured. Yes it is top heavy but the hinge does not move. True I used monkey force to tighten the plastic knob to stop the hinge from moving but it works.
That being said, I did not give a great review of Lekufee iPad holder because the plastic holding the springs in place broke.
A little glue later and all is well. I looked and asked on this forum what others were using for an iPad holder but to date no responses.
Yeah mine works fine with just the tablet or even the 1st piece but the extension is just a little too much...if I don't hear from anyoneone saying theirs works fine I may just go with some kind of adhesive to permanantly fix it in position.
Thanks for your post!

Does anyone use this pad holder with a 2 piece Hoodman like this?
With a lanyard it's not too terribly top heavy but the pad holder itself doesn't really support the weight of the hoodman...it just sinks down...just wondering if mine is defective, if there's a way to permanantly fuse the holder at the hinge or if I'm just asking too much of the holder.
It does seem like they would have put some kind of mechanism that would tighten it more.
Thanks,
Randy
I used to use that same setup except the second piece (top) of the Hoodman and the iPad holder never sank down on me. The bar on my PGYTECH tablet holder is actually very tight.

I've since switched to the Thor mount and to be honest, I'm never bothered enough to grab the Hoodman, I just find a little shade.IMG_1910.JPG

I'm never bothered enough to grab the Hoodman, I just find a little shade.
As I was struggling with it yesterday and trying to make it all work I asked myself...am I willing to go thru all this trouble for every flight, put it all together and strapping it on and holding my mouth just right in hopes it doesn't tilt down or even the whole worse, the concotion falling to the ground and breaking the monitor?
My only option may be using an umbrella chair as I live in the desert and there is no shade if one is taller than 3 inches ? :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS