DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using a pocket with an LG phone?

gjmphoto

Reactions
I'm having an awful time trying to get the osmo to connect to my LG G6 and STAY connected. The device cycles repeatedly trying to connect. Both devices are vibrating each time a connection is made, so I can tell it's just trying over and over again. Once in a long while it will connect and Mimo has the live view...and then everything is OK. But despite rebooting both devices and reconnecting, the problem is intermittent - although more often bad than good.

Anyone had a similar situation?

Yes and I gave up and bought the wifi unit to connect wirelessly. Tell the truth I'm not sure how I even got the initial set up done when it was new. The USB type C connection is just no good for me.

Hi, I have the same problem with my Sony Xperia. The only way I can use it connected is if I put it in airplane mode. I can turn on the wifi if I have a source available but will work without. Just can't take any calls when using Te OP.

Hi, I have the same problem with my Sony Xperia. The only way I can use it connected is if I put it in airplane mode. I can turn on the wifi if I have a source available but will work without. Just can't take any calls when using Te OP.
Thanks, I will have to try this

So...I just plugged in my Osmo to my G6 and turned on the osmo. It connected, downloaded an update and now works perfectly. I did absolutely nothing else. Did they make an upgrade to Mimo to handle the connections better?

Start app on phone Mimo
Wait 8 sec for app to fully load
Connect via dongle
Wait -10 seconds
Turn on Osmo Pocket
Camera icon in app will turn blue
Done

Last edited:
Just updated the app and tried it with my LG phone. I had mega problems before and it just connected perfectly. Hopefully the fix is in.

Well...I thought my problem was resolved, but no it wasn't. It just happened again...plugged in the Osmo, powered it up, Mimo came up and it just kept cycling saying that it was connecting to the device. Buzzing every couple of seconds and trying to connect. Rebooted my phone and voila, connected without a problem.

Yesterday, I received my accessory kit from DJI directly (cancelled my pre-order from B&H). The WiFi works just fine, so I guess that's going to be my primary way of using the osmo with Mimo - my only issue is holding the two together with the WiFi base on is a bit of a juggling act. I'll have to come up with a cradle of some kind.

The other thing I can't believe is how small those accessory pieces are. They should really include a small bag with the pieces, since you can't fit the case on the Osmo with any of the accessories attached.

- Gary

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost