DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using the new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G with dji Fly App ?

Time for me to upgrade my old phone and was wondering if anyone is using the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone with the dji Fly app?
Please advise and thanks
Hi, I'm using the S21 Ultra w/ the app, and my Air 2s. No issues at all.

Reactions: Bandit1 and technut
I just upgraded to the new Galaxy s21 ultra and it worked great. Was worried about the camera portion fitting in the controller, but it fits in the controller just fine. The DJI app came over from my cloud backup, but I lost all my previous flight data history. No big deal. Otherwise, seamless.
Time for me to upgrade my old phone and was wondering if anyone is using the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone with the dji Fly app?
Please advise and thank

Your in the US? And so it shouldnt be an issue as you will have the snapdragon variant.

Over in Europe we have Exynos which doesnt work currently

Hi everyone,
I just got the Galaxy s21 5g and it is sending me this message. The app worked before on the Apple phone but not on the Galaxy .
If anyone has any ideas, I'm stuck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-074235.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-074235.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 30
I use the Samsung S21 Ultra 5G and have no problems. I've certainly never seen a message like that. Guessing there is some setting enabled or disabled on your phone itself, and not the app necessarily.

Works fine on my S21 ultra US version. I also use a Huawei M5 tablet and it works fine as well.

im new here and i just ordered the air2s, and i have a new s21 ultra
iv been seeing people with issues with this phone, using the fly ap. should i be worried??
thanks for any info

As previously mentioned my S21 Ultra will not allow the App to work, I now have a ticket open for it with DJI. I do have a work phone, which is a Samsung, it is using the same chipset as the S21 Exynos, this works fine with the App. So at a loss as to why the S21 will not work. If I get anything positive from DJI I will post on this thread.

Reactions: Antulo
As previously mentioned my S21 Ultra will not allow the App to work, I now have a ticket open for it with DJI. I do have a work phone, which is a Samsung, it is using the same chipset as the S21 Exynos, this works fine with the App. So at a loss as to why the S21 will not work. If I get anything positive from DJI I will post on this thread.
What version of Samsung UI / android do you have on your S21 ? I have an S21 5G (International version, so Exynos chipset) and it worked fine with an earlier DJI Mini 2 I had. I just got a new DJI Mini 2 and I don;t get any streaming video in 1080p, and if I goto 4K, I don;t get streamning video until I press record, and then the video statrs streaming to phone. When I stop streaming, streaming video freezes on last frame shown. only different now is latert DJI Fly version (last time I used it was 1.4.2 or 1.4.4, and now am on 1.5.0 / 1.5.1) and also I have Samsung UI 4.0 (Android 12) on the S21 now, whereas perviously it had Samsung UI 3.1 (Android 11) on it

What version of Samsung UI / android do you have on your S21 ? I have an S21 5G (International version, so Exynos chipset) and it worked fine with an earlier DJI Mini 2 I had. I just got a new DJI Mini 2 and I don;t get any streaming video in 1080p, and if I goto 4K, I don;t get streamning video until I press record, and then the video statrs streaming to phone. When I stop streaming, streaming video freezes on last frame shown. only different now is latert DJI Fly version (last time I used it was 1.4.2 or 1.4.4, and now am on 1.5.0 / 1.5.1) and also I have Samsung UI 4.0 (Android 12) on the S21 now, whereas perviously it had Samsung UI 3.1 (Android 11) on it
My S21 device is Android 11 with UI of 3.1 but the overlay screen after initializeing can not be closed on the App. Interesting the device that it will work with is a Samsung Xcover Pro, (Exynos chipset) this is OS 11 and UI 3.1. I updated my firmware for the App today and now on 1.5.1, the App seems to work fine on the Xcover. I couldn't tell if it is all working having only worked with the App and Mav 3 for a couple of days.

Reactions: Antulo
Good news whilst trying to generate logs for the DJI ticket I have open currently. I decided to follow the process of connecting the controller the Mac 3 and the S21. I had the same problem, the overlay not closing. After about 1 min of everything being powered up and pressing on the screen of the mobile device, the screen changed its display, with the same overlay page present. I carried on pressing the display and the overlay disappeared. I was then allowed to interact with the App as expected. Fluke? not sure, but it worked for me. Proof will be flying the Mav 3 with the S21 tomorrow.

I have a snapdragon which makes the difference. exynos is the problem.

How did you I stall the app apk? My S21 tells me there is no app that can read the apk file.
Hi, May this could help you :
1. Download the apk 1.5.1 on DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI (in your Phone)
2. Go to Setting - on search bar, type "apps" - choose Special access - Install unknown apps
3. Look for My Files - enable it
4. Back to your Home and open My Files
5. Your APK now should be install in your phone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada