DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyones Battery case splitting near the power button?

Ikopta

Reactions
Anyone else getting a creasing/splitting near the power button on the their battery?
Pictures would be great to compare.
Cheers,

Attachments

• Battery-Split-2.jpg
    Battery-Split-2.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Battery-Split-1.jpg
    Battery-Split-1.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 170
Maybe it's hatching a baby Mavic! Seriously though, swelling is not uncommon with Lipos, but you will get conflicting info with regard to whether it's bad or not. I've flown many flights with my prior quad were the battery was swollen pretty substantially, and never had any problems. That said, I'd recommend sending it back to DJI for a replacement... it should still be under warranty and it's probably better safe than sorry.

Anyone else getting a creasing/splitting near the power button on the their battery?
Cheers,
Check the battery health in the Go app. Be interesting to see if any of the cells are showing wildly different voltages.

Reactions: Ikopta
Maybe it's hatching a baby Mavic! Seriously though, swelling is not uncommon with Lipos, but you will get conflicting info with regard to whether it's bad or not. I've flown many flights with my prior quad were the battery was swollen pretty substantially, and never had any problems. That said, I'd recommend sending it back to DJI for a replacement... it should still be under warranty and it's probably better safe than sorry.
Good advice, just what I was thinking.

Someone else posted something similar a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's just a batch problem, as it would be major if that was a widespread defect. I'd get on the horn with DJI for a replacement.

Reactions: Ikopta
Someone else posted something similar a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's just a batch problem, as it would be major if that was a widespread defect. I'd get on the horn with DJI for a replacement.
Thanks for the point, just found it. Yep, thats the way mine is going, and it was an early delivery. Maybe a bit of a test batch? Maybe that was the hold? About from massive order numbers

Also you could fly a route and then upload the flight log to Healthy Drones to see if there are any substantial battery voltage differences between individual internal cells under load. Do some quick Sport Mode bursts to tax the battery in question so you will know how it performs when pushed.

Oh and no my batteries are pristine with no puffing, creasing, or splitting.

So to update, DJI are replacing the Gimbal/camera (Had image issue) and battery FOC. Good service from them hope to have it back in a few days.

Looks like flow lines in the original battery pictures; probably from running molding machine too fast/not hot enough.

So just got Mavic Pro back, new battery, and looks like they have swapped the original craft and controller for a new one (original box though)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S