DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyway to overcome max Altitude of 500m on MM?

DocVin

Reactions
I got Mavic mini from USA through a friend and I live in a hilly terrain in India. One of my first flights was to see whats behind the hill overlooking my village, which I have always been curious of since I am 5. However, the altitude limit of 500m didnt allow me to do it. Wondering if there is anyway of eliminating that limit, please suggest.

Most DJI systems have 500m altitude limitations that are very difficult to overcome without firmware modifications...like certain NLD mods but those are not possible past certain firmware revisions.

The only exception to the Mavic lineup that I can think of is my Mavic 2 Enterprise which can exceed 500m with a custom unlock from DJI, but that is for authorized Part 107 commercial operations here in the USA.

Keep in mind this altitude limit is height above the takeoff point...so if you launch halfway up a 500m mountain (250m above the base) you could now achieve 500m + 250m = 750m.

That being said please obey your country-specific altitude regulations.

Glad you finally got to see the other side of the Hill. Hope it fulfilled your fantasy. Good job be safe.

Remember to never fly behind the mountain crest, always keep visual line of sight between you and your Mavic, otherwise it's gone.

I got Mavic mini from USA through a friend and I live in a hilly terrain in India. One of my first flights was to see whats behind the hill overlooking my village, which I have always been curious of since I am 5. However, the altitude limit of 500m didnt allow me to do it. Wondering if there is anyway of eliminating that limit, please suggest.

What kind of range are you getting with the US bought drone in India? Is it restricted to 500 meters distance?

Well, what did you see?

giphy.gif

What kind of range are you getting with the US bought drone in India? Is it restricted to 500 meters distance?
Since India is a CE country, drone's range is limited to around 2 KM even though I bought the FCC version from USA. I got a maximum distance of 1.5 KM so far. I believe there is a tweak you can do to boost that range to 4K if you really want it.

Since India is a CE country, drone's range is limited to around 2 KM even though I bought the FCC version from USA. I got a maximum distance of 1.5 KM so far. I believe there is a tweak you can do to boost that range to 4K if you really want it.

Well, I topped out at about 800 meters. That's kind of enough for me though. I tested it in the US to a range of 2kms more out of curiosity than anything else.

It’s amazing to believe some folks want to actively break regulation and in doing so put the hobby at risk for everyone.... it boggles my mind.
Since his drone would have been flying at the top of the ridge it wouldn't haven't been breaking the 500m AGL rule. It was only above 500m altitude from the takeoff point.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake