DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App Crashing

rbhamilton

Reactions
So the newest DJI app crashes on me all the time. Am I alone or is this common?

Stock Android on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 6.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

First try emptying the cache in the program, then if no improvement:

Airplane mode on, location off. Video caching off. Clear the go 4 cache also.

Seems the app is getting bulkier all the time.

Unburdening your android device works wonders.

Last edited:
Give in and buy a 2nd hand iOS device... I had same issues with my Android, now using iPhone 6s Plus and not had an app crash yet. Not the cheapest solution but works a treat.

Truth, except I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus and have not had a single issue since. The only bad part is I have no reason to hang out in XDADevelopers any more. Loved my Nexus 6P Android devices suck at handling videos. Which I think is the root of the problem. Reminds me of Harry's LapTimer. Great on iOS, absolute junk on Android. The iPhone can encode video 100x faster than my Nexus 6P. I used to transfer the video and data file to my wife's iPhone 6s and encode the overlay in iOS because it would literally take 100x longer to encode in Android if it would complete it at all. Honestly, I've become way more productive since using the 7 Plus full time. Still troll the Magisk and other root forums once in a while out of habit.

Just wanted to report back. The iOS version of the DJI Go app runs flawlessly. Not a single program crash. The Android version on the exact same run - * boom * app crashes 3 times. This isn't an Android issue. It's a DJI issue. I've never had a major Android app crash. A few poorly coded 3rd party apps may have big bugs but even the worst of them doesn't crash as badly or as often as the DJI Go app. DJI Go crashes. Every. Single. Time. Clearly DJI has some work to do on it's app.

Just wanted to report back. The iOS version of the DJI Go app runs flawlessly. Not a single program crash. The Android version on the exact same run - * boom * app crashes 3 times. This isn't an Android issue. It's a DJI issue. I've never had a major Android app crash. A few poorly coded 3rd party apps may have big bugs but even the worst of them doesn't crash as badly or as often as the DJI Go app. DJI Go crashes. Every. Single. Time. Clearly DJI has some work to do on it's app.
Hmmm, I just went and bought a new iPhone myself, for the same reasons.

Hmmm, they don't seem to be able to make it work with Android.

Hmmm, DJI and Apple have a relationship, even share stores.

I think I see a pattern here.

Last edited:
My dji app is crashing on Apple when I try to look at photos. In fact, they aren't showing up. Did not happen before the update. Anybody else?

DJI app was fine yesterday and then today was crashing every few minutes while flying and then also while viewing photos or navigating through the app. Any ideas on how to correct this?

DJI app was fine yesterday and then today was crashing every few minutes while flying and then also while viewing photos or navigating through the app. Any ideas on how to correct this?
Difficult to say without more info (app version, display type & version) but you probably got bit by an uninvited update. It happened to me. Now I have a copy of the Go 4 version that works for me (4.1.15 on Android) that I can reinstall if needed. I have turned off auto-updates and only fly in airplane mode but I have it if another update sneaks in somehow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC