DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App for DJI go4 that splits screen for FPV?????

The Real Heavy Metal

Reactions
I just bought a set of Cheap Canbor VR goggles that uses my S6 android. It comes with a Bluetooth controller to move a cursor and select without opening the goggles to access the cell phone. I have searched for app options to split screen for DJI drone and go 4 VR but all I'm seeing here and you tube is Lichy or other control programs as an option. While that might be a great option I have seen videos of people that lost their drones or had mishaps and DJI voided warranty due to the use of 3rd party control apps. I can't afford DJI goggles or to have my warranty voided. I bought the Mavic less than a month ago. This drone is fully personal use. No commercial aspect at all. No intention to even monetize videos I upload. Is there such a thing as a free or very cheap app to just split screen using DJI GO 4 app? Something tried and tested? It's not that I'm cheap. It's that I'm Canadian. There's the price and then there's the because you are Canadian price. Those Canbor goggles from Amazon.com cost bout 40 US which came out to about 60 some Canadian. Thank god they shipped to Canada. The because you are Canadian price from Amazon.ca has the same exact goggles for over $90.plus taxes. The 1300 dollar US Mavic with the fly more cost me $1995.00. I'm just lucky to find myself living in a country paying from 30 + percent to 100 + percent more on anything I purchase. I'm not cheap I'm just tapped out. Any help would be appreciated.

litchi will do cheap fpv,i am a cheap canadian also so i understand haha, litchi is worth it in every way, unfortuntly u will need a long cord to do fpv but it will give u an idea on what to expect if u get some thing better like the dji goggles

litchi will do cheap fpv,i am a cheap canadian also so i understand haha, litchi is worth it in every way, unfortuntly u will need a long cord to do fpv but it will give u an idea on what to expect if u get some thing better like the dji goggles
Like I said in the question though. I have seen videos of folks who were using litchy when they had lost or crashed drones and DJI voided warranty due to using a third party control program. Think the because I'm Canadian price for DJI care refresh cost me $170.00 and the Mavic is less than a month old. Either I find a way to split screen on DJI go 4 or I can't afford FPV. Once warranty is up I have no issues hacking or using different control apps because i'm on my own anyway.

litchi will do cheap fpv,i am a cheap canadian also so i understand haha, litchi is worth it in every way, unfortunately u will need a long cord to do fpv but it will give u an idea on what to expect if u get some thing better like the dji goggles
It's not the 30 dollars for Litchy. It's the $170 for warranty and the $1000 dollars to replace the drone if something happens while using Litchy and they void warranty.

dji go doesnt do fpv and prob never will they want u to buy the goggles for 450, thats another option for u if u want fpv get the dji goggles, i used litchi 2 weeks after getting my mav and i havent looked back, the issues that people have that involve care refresh can happen with any app, and to be honest i havent heard as many with litchi as i have with djigo, i find litchi very stable and just better in all aspects, for panoramas it cant be beat, millions of setting possibilites, dji go not so much, if u really want fpv then i guess the dji goggles are your option, or the epson ones look good to but are even more cashthan the dji ones, using litchi would give u the idea to see if u even like it, do a few flights and see if its for u or not,

dji go doesnt do fpv and prob never will they want u to buy the goggles for 450, thats another option for u if u want fpv get the dji goggles, i used litchi 2 weeks after getting my mav and i havent looked back, the issues that people have that involve care refresh can happen with any app, and to be honest i havent heard as many with litchi as i have with djigo, i find litchi very stable and just better in all aspects, for panoramas it cant be beat, millions of setting possibilites, dji go not so much, if u really want fpv then i guess the dji goggles are your option, or the epson ones look good to but are even more cashthan the dji ones, using litchi would give u the idea to see if u even like it, do a few flights and see if its for u or not,

All I need is an app that does split screen. DJI doesn't do screen recording either. Folks need secondary apps to do that. there must exist a small screen splitting app for vr. If no one has a suggestion then I'll just have to wait until the goggles arrive then try every vr app on google play until I find one that works. I know DJI doesn't have a split screen option as part of their app and probably never will. Asking DJI for an Android app that actually works on Androids seems a bit much. But I can't risk using an entirely different control program that voids my warranty just to do split screen. If I had an S8 they have split screen in the phone settings. I'm not questioning how good Litchy is. But if i'm using it and a motor seizes at 90 meters turning my drone into a stone or some other mechanical or electrical problem that instant turns my bird into a pocket gopher they can void warranty solely because I was using Litchy. Believe me. I am not a fan of the DJI app or their customer service. I am not cheap. If I could afford Dji or Movario goggles or an S8 I'd already have them. If I could afford to just replace the drone out of pocket I'd use Litchy.

I know DJI's app is resource hog data miner and unstable at best. But until warranty is up that's what I have to use. The second that warranty is up if they haven't changed. I'll be using litchy or what ever else is good by then exclusively.

if your using that app to control your mav then again ur warranty is gone, i dont think u have many options until ur warranty is up, i knew my warranty was done the minute i opened her up to mod her haha,

Yes Thanks I have already looked into this one but like Litchy it's not just splitting the screen its a drone control app and it's use will void the warranty if anything happens while using it. What I'm looking for is something that does the same with my S6 as the Samsung S8 vr mode. It splits the device screen on everything. Splits screen on the desktop and all apps once enabled. If the blue tooth controller with my goggles work. I can start an app or enable a mode to split screen then connect the cable to the controller put the phone in the goggles run DJI go in split screen or anything else I wish with the blue tooth controller. I do not care about flight or gimbal control with the goggles. I can't see a simple splitting app being such a big deal when Cavu and litchy do it as part of total control suite app with gimbal or steering control on top.

i think theres more to it than just splitting the screen, the reason litchi and cavu can do it because its part of the control aspect of things, theres a lot of setting in litchi once inn vr mode, also have u looked into mounting a seperate fpv camera and it will run seperatly on whaat ever app it uses? ive seen a few at the hobby shop and they look small enough to mount on the mav but i am sure u wont get the distance range, ive never seen any one on this group say they have used vr mode on a s8 though, if it was an option over the expensive dji goggles i am sure guys here would be doing it

if your using that app to control your mav then again ur warranty is gone, i dont think u have many options until ur warranty is up, i knew my warranty was done the minute i opened her up to mod her haha,
I've already got Dji's developer app and the other goodies for hacking the drone. Watched all the transmitter and battery add on mods. When warranty ends the games begin. It's a small drone I bought. It's not a f-18 with a full missile package. Nether DJI nor the government need to be inspecting my sphincter while I fly this drone. Limitations in the software of the drone are not safety. Safety is safe flying and unrestricted full capability if an emergency arises.

Using an SDK app in itself does not void warranty.

IF you have a crash while using an SDK app AND it is proven that it was caused by that app's improper behavior, then only DJI might deny warranty.

I use litchi for the remote mounted phone, and get litchievue for the goggles. It’s works fantastically. I load DJI go4 on the remote phone and let it run in the background. Then load litchi, then load litchivvue on the goggles phone. It connects to the remote phone via WiFi. So no long cables! Never have had any errors or problems doing it this way. It works with the phantom series as well, have not tried it with sparky yet.

What I'm looking for is something that does the same with my S6 as the Samsung S8 vr mode. It splits the device screen on everything. Splits screen on the desktop and all apps once enabled.

No app can efficiently take the output of an other app and transform it into VR. That VR mode and the apps you get on your Samsung are all separate apps natively made for VR display, just like Litchi etc.

A few months ago someone had found something that did what you want but as expected it was too slow to be usable, think an image per second.

I use litchi for the remote mounted phone, and get litchievue for the goggles. It’s works fantastically. I load DJI go4 on the remote phone and let it run in the background. Then load litchi, then load litchivvue on the goggles phone. It connects to the remote phone via WiFi. So no long cables! Never have had any errors or problems doing it this way. It works with the phantom series as well, have not tried it with sparky yet.
wow i have never tried this, how is the lag

There is intermittent lag, but there is with any app. It’s not any worse than any other time in my opinion
awsome i am going to try this, been looking for a wireless way to try litchi vr, thanx for posting this info

There is intermittent lag, but there is with any app. It’s not any worse than any other time in my opinion
if possible if u wouldnt mind could u write a step by step on how u achieve this, i know u are ios but the basics should be the same for android as well,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore