DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App Revival

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Can we have a revival of the Pilots apps?

I've just come to realize that MavicPilots app is no longer in Google Play. I also couldn't find it in any of the APK library sites. I managed to carry it over from my HTC to my S20FE thanks to the Samsung transfer utility.
MavicPilots was last updated in 2018, others 2019.

Lately though the app has a hard time connecting to the Pilots server. That doesn't seem to be confined to the S20.

I've found using the apps easier to navigate than the website as I use the Timeline, which transcends across all forums. The only issue I encounter with Timeline is that topics with new posts repeat.

@clackey is who deals with all of that. Let’s ask him.

Reactions: Thomas B
Sorry for the delay on this response. Yes, the mavicpilots app was suspended from the google play store in late 2019 for "Repetitive Content". Both Google and Apple are really coming down on "template" or "framework" apps that have similar functionality, even if the content is different. Unfortunately, this is really what forums are built on. So, we've had several apps suspended from google and apple stores since we originally had 8-10 apps that all looked roughly the same. See below from google...

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.59.24 AM.png

Of course, the right solution is probably to develop one mobile app that handles all our forums. We've been in discussions with a developer about this possibility but it is a fairly large undertaking and quite expensive. It'd probably require that we charge for the app.

Still considering all the options. Fortunately, xenforo (the software we use) has created a fairly nice mobile version so it works well for most of the users.

C.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929