DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App showing disconnected, can fly but no video feed on phone

Stevomaca

Reactions
I just got my Mavic and was able to fly four times no issues. Then went to fly later on and the app says disconnected. I can fly with just the controller fine but there is no feed to my phone. iPhone 5s, it was working just fine out of the box, now nothing. The controller isn't recognizing the phone. Is it possible the RC cable is bad? I've deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times but it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Try USB cable to RC from out of the box and try it again, when I use another cable for update firmware to Pc it's failed connected but when I use USB cable original out of the Mavic Pro box it's connected or try buy another better USB cable and try again

Try again with your phone in airplane mode. If you've got poor cellular signal the phone can interfere with the controller video reception

Reactions: bradbiss
Airplane mode is not going to help here since the issue is not related to the video reception. As Theones noted above, it's most likely an issue with the cable. Make sure you don't have a cable plugged into the left side of your remote controller if you're using the USB port at the bottom of the remote controller.

Airplane mode is not going to help here since the issue is not related to the video reception. As Theones noted above, it's most likely an issue with the cable. Make sure you don't have a cable plugged into the left side of your remote controller if you're using the USB port at the bottom of the remote controller.

Thank you, the usb connection works, it must be a bad RC cable.

I tried all the cables available and also plugged into the USB port.
The DJI GO app worked with the existing cables.
I disabled and closed all apps on the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) and tried to restart the Litchi app but got the following errors each time.
I had a "disconnected" error at the top of the Litchi app and "no video" also.

I un-installed the app, re-configured my preferences and it worked again.

I did note that the short USB cab
E on the left side of the controller had to be disconnected from the controller (un-plugged) in order for the USB connection in the center-bottom of the controller to work as signal-out to either the iPad or other device.

Last edited:
I disabled and closed all apps on the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) and tried to restart the Litchi app but got the following errors each time.
I had a "disconnected" error at the top of the Litchi app and "no video" also.
I can confirm this for both my Sony Xperia XZ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. If I will run the GO app, close it and then run the Litchi app, Litchi will not connect. Same happens in the opposite way.
Closing the GO app is not sufficient, it is necessary to also unplug the USB cable after closing the GO app and then plug it in again prior to running the Litchi app and all works fine.
I guess the DJI USB driver will not shutdown together with the GO app but only if the USB connection gets interrupted, too.

Reactions: Cfrankfly
Had the same issue. Not sure what it was, but noted the following:
1. Cable was not seated properly. Reinserted properly, but by then the disconnected message was already showing.
2. Gimbal cap was on (the black silicone one, not the clear plastic cover).
3. Mavic was overheating as I had it on to play with settings and was not flying.

I reinstalled the latest firmware, switched everything off and then on again, exited app and started app again. All seems fine now.

I can confirm this for both my Sony Xperia XZ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. If I will run the GO app, close it and then run the Litchi app, Litchi will not connect. Same happens in the opposite way.
Closing the GO app is not sufficient, it is necessary to also unplug the USB cable after closing the GO app and then plug it in again prior to running the Litchi app and all works fine.
I guess the DJI USB driver will not shutdown together with the GO app but only if the USB connection gets interrupted, too.
I agree! The left "Side" USB plug must be Disconnected to use the "center" USB ports out. If not the application(s) will not connect (as in using an iPad for video monitor).

Started out with the new Mavic last week using my Samsung Galaxy s5 mobile. The DJI GO app on numerous occassions would stop displaying the video on the mobile screen and trying all sorts of fixes had varying degrees of success. Bought an APPLE ipad mini 2 this week and still having the app playing up and not displaying video on ipad from time to time.

Is there a reliable and well tested work around to regain video feed that anyone here can advise. Sometimes I'm wasting upwards of 1/2 hour trying to re-establish video link (getting the red message on the top left of the screen that video transmission has been lost). The ipad does display all the app functionality, just not the video feed. Cable is fine.

I'm suddenly getting the same problem - video feed goes from 'full bars' to no 'red bars' for no apparent reason. Only about 750 metres out, over an empty valley from the top of the Ridgeway. Can use the controls, the remote works fine and pressing RTH works perfectly. Can get video feed back by shutting GO4 then immediately reopen and there it is - with full signal bars. I think (haven't yet confirmed) that when I stop videoing and take an HDR picture, it goes. Have had it 1200 metres away without issue but also lost video around 300 metres away last Thursday - with clear, uninterrupted line of sight. Annoying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: goiner
Potential FIX!

I had the same problem. I found that if I have more than just the DJI Go App installed for controlling the mavic I get teh disconnected error. I tried installing Lichi and DJI Go to see which one I liked better. Having both installed made it so that neither worked.

I uninstalled the Lichi app and then everything was fine.

Later, I tried installing drone deploy along with the DJI Go app. Again things stopped working.

So...having anything else installed along with the dji go app makes it so that nothing works. :-( I have an samsung Galaxy s5 running android v 6.

Best of luck to all.

DB

Had my first disconnect incident today and it is a bit of a WTF moment. Did a nice long flight and everything was perfect. Brought it back as (as usual) the Mavvie is a geek magnet so a guy comes over and starts to talk to me. I start to get 'disconnected' 'connected' 'disconnected' 'connected' going on kind of cycling. It settled down so I took off and went way out at about 30 meters height and about a kilometre out and whoa ! DISCONNECTED and stays. Video link garbage. Hit the RTH and the Mavvie was a good boy and came racing back home and landed all the time with the controller doing the 'connect' 'disconnect' thing. Shut it down and called it a day. I pulled the DAT file and graphed the parameters and don't see any evidence of the RC actually disconnecting so it could be tablet related. Not sure but I will keep paying attention to this.

Had my first disconnect incident today and it is a bit of a WTF moment. Did a nice long flight and everything was perfect. Brought it back as (as usual) the Mavvie is a geek magnet so a guy comes over and starts to talk to me. I start to get 'disconnected' 'connected' 'disconnected' 'connected' going on kind of cycling. It settled down so I took off and went way out at about 30 meters height and about a kilometre out and whoa ! DISCONNECTED and stays. Video link garbage. Hit the RTH and the Mavvie was a good boy and came racing back home and landed all the time with the controller doing the 'connect' 'disconnect' thing. Shut it down and called it a day. I pulled the DAT file and graphed the parameters and don't see any evidence of the RC actually disconnecting so it could be tablet related. Not sure but I will keep paying attention to this.
It better not be the tablet(haven't had the chance to try my Acer yet)! Did you happen to notice if the guy that you were talking with was wearing a Apple Watch? I've heard they can cause problems with the controller.

Not sure about the watch but he had his iPhone 5 out after drooling over the Mavvie taking down notes as he was going to get one. I don't think it was tablet related. I have had a couple of other glitches that always seemed to be related to other devices in the area. I typically put my own iPhone in airplane mode before flying. I am probably going to go back to the same place tomorrow (Puslinch Lake/Cambridge) and keep playing as I sent it out for the longest flight I had done. BTW : the disconnect stuff started happening while the Mavic was sitting right in front of me so there was NO way it was range related.

Search for 'controller disconnects' on the site and you will see there are dozens reported.

Update : the drone was clearly connected as the radio link signal was full and the RTH worked perfectly. Next time I will shut down the app (and try to unplug/replug the USB if needed) and see if that resolves.

Last edited:
Gunpilot...had the Exact Same Problem for week and a half also using ipad mini 2 but I'm knew to Apple products and never used a fire wire before. After Msinger suggested cable problem I flipped over fire wire going into ipad and it connected, stayed connected and reconnected through all three batteries. Fighting this thing almost two weeks, thinking could it be that simple.......

Sent from my SM-T580 using MavicPilots mobile app

I had the same problem fighting it for more then a week and a half using an ipad mini 2. I flipped the fire wire cable over and reinserted it and flew all three batteries with no more problems. Saw on another thread that it's good to boot up the controller and mavic first then plug in your fire wire

Sent from my SM-T580 using MavicPilots mobile app

Just got my Mavic yesterday. I'm an old head, never had a drone before so all this is totally new to me. I watched a bunch of tutorials in advance and set everything up yesterday. I put it on the wifi setting because I was indoors and everything seemed fine. I didn't fly because I figured it was probably best to be outside and have plenty of space for my first flight. Today I went outside.
I set everything up, connected the RC, it showed all my satellite connections were good, I was asked to choose an app on my phone (Galaxy S5) and got the disconnected message. So, it looked like the RC could connect to the Mavic and there was 'some' connection between the RC and the phone but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I tried to take off to see if it was only the camera that was disconnected but the takeoff failed. I did have both DJI apps installed (DJI Go and DJI Go 4). Any suggestions? (Sorry for the long post).

Last edited:
Update: I uninstalled the 2 apps and then reinstalled only the DJI Go app. Now it worked perfectly. Here's hoping that isn't temporary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots