DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App Starts Always N-Mode?

starduzt

Reactions
@Yorkshire_Pud Thank You So much
Dji Fly app is notorious when ever the app starts it starts in N-Mode Regardless what mode dialed on Controller....
Thanks You....

Edit:
Changed Title
Created a Elobrated Discussion

Q-When Turning on these Intelligent Filght Mode(Poi,Active Track,Spotlight) which Flight mode(Cine,Normal,Sports) is Activated by Default?-Obvisouly it wouldn't start Not Sports MODE...
Q-can we switch modes(Cine,Normal,Sports) within these Intelligent Flight Modes???
Q-plus what are all the limitation in these Intelligent Flight Modes (Poi,Active Track,Spotlight)
Q-When would some one use these features..??

Someone Could Help Me...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Dji Fly app is notorious when ever the app starts it starts in N-Mode Regardless what mode dialed on Controller....
It's a safety feature, nothing notorious about it.
I do not know if it is triggered by opening the App but I do see it apply, every time, to the first flight flown in any drone switch on -> drone switch off.
The setting that is set at landing will carry over to the subsequent flight in that drone switched on session. I do not close the App between flights as that would, I think, interrupt the recording of the Dat flight log, so I am not in a position to comment on whether or not booting the App triggers it.
From memory the same thing applies in the Go4 app too.

• Love
Reactions: starduzt
It's a safety feature, nothing notorious about it.
It is a "safety feature" but it doesn't make things any safer, it makes things worse.
On any device that has a physical switch of any kind, the state/function should always match with the one set currently on the switch, it shouldn't been necessary to mess with it to reset it from the "default state". This is a wrong decision by DJI Engineers. I would say that the drone should takeoff in any mode selected on the switch, even sport mode.

Reactions: starduzt
Yaros, that is your opinion, you are entitled to it, but it does not necessarily make any of your opinions correct.

How does it make "things worse"?
The problem is people forget what mode they last flew in and I'd bet more than a few do not check the switch setting before taking off, myself included and I have been grateful that the drone has not taken off in sports mode. Maybe it could be argued that it encourages laziness, as in not checking the switch setting before take off, but it is good practise to design for such circumstances, set a default that is somewhat safe and make it a conscious action to change the flight mode.

That said, if you are so certain that you know better that DJI's engineers why don't you write and tell them?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929