DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple’s $29 iPhone battery replacements are available

MicheleStapleton

Reactions
No rush. You have until Dec 2018 to do it. I bought my iPhone 7 in Nov 2016. I'm going to wait till around Nov 2018 to get a replacement. I want to get 2 years out of my original battery before replacing with a new one, and get another 2 years out of it. I find batteries only really start to degrade around the 2 year mark. It's probably ppl playing too much pokemon go that causes their phones' battery to degrade so quickly. ;) (until they get a Mavic Pro, and fly everyday using their iPhones)

Reactions: shoemaker
Mine's an iPhone 6, so my battery is nearing end of life. Last week (in the cold, mind you) flying one Mavic battery to 30% emptied my iPhone down to almost 20%. So, I'm very excited about this. I just made my genius bar appointment.

I have my appointment set for 1/4 as I thought many will be taking advantage of this. I called, and you would not believe the hassle I got. I was told by an Apple employee, they would not replace the battery if it's not needed!! What? I'm paying for the replacement, it's not up to you to tell me if I need the replacement or not, I want to pay for the replacement. We went round and round. Finally, after talking to 3 higher level people each time, they agreed to set up the appointment. They will check your battery and may push back if it does not need replacement (the battery shows it's OK) - but you don't know what will happen in a year from now (replacement for $30 ends Dec 2018), so if you think you need replacement, do it sooner than later.

I went to apple, they told me my battery was in good health, kind of talked me out of replacing it, looking back, I think it was to delay the battery replacement until prices return to normal. My phone still runs out of juice way before the first MP battery runs low. Maybe 10 minutes of flight time, then I have to recharge my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike