DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple Shortcuts for the iPhone

Reactions
I don't know if anyones messed around with Apple Shortcuts before, basically lets you automate certain things on your iPhone.

It's pretty useful to automate common things you do, like recalling certain phone settings before you fly your drone. It can set your phone to do not disturb, turn the brightness up, turn the volume down etc. Kinda fun to mess around with and easy to make a simple shortcut yourself.

Heres one I made, you can edit and change to use the settings you find best:
Fly Your Drone Shortcut

Can pin shortcuts to your home page, a bit like a app which is useful too:

1 - Home screen.png

Last edited:
Useful little app isn't it?

I had mine set up for both my old phantom and mavic 2, had a photo of each drone on the two shortcuts. Brightness and volume up, airplane mode and start the relevant DJI app ;)

Reactions: pelagic_one
I don't know if anyones messed around with Apple Shortcuts before, basically lets you automate certain things on your iPhone.

It's pretty useful to automate common things you do, like recalling certain phone settings before you fly your drone. It can set your phone to do not disturb, turn the brightness up, turn the volume down etc. Kinda fun to mess around with and easy to make a simple shortcut yourself.

Heres one I made, you can edit and change to use the settings you find best:
Fly Your Drone Shortcut

Can pin shortcuts to your home page, a bit like a app which is useful too:

View attachment 103173

Thanks for this!

I am normally an Android user, but have a couple of Apple devices for drone flying (recently upgraded to an iPad Mini 5).

With your shortcut, everything works great, but I was wondering if there was any way to incorporate the screen 'Auto-Brightness' setting into the shortcut. That is, to shut it off at the start, and turn it back on the the end. This will ensure that we actually have 100% brightness, without the screen trying to compensate for ambient light.

Thank you so much, and stay safe.

No worries :)

Good idea, but unfortunately not possible due to the limitations of Shortcuts for iOS. You can automate opening the menu containing the display auto brightness toggle, but not turn it on / off.

Details of of how to add open menu actions HERE if you're interested.

OK...... thanks for the response and the link.

I was also playing around in shortcuts, and pretty much figured there was probably no way to do this.

I'll have a read of that link when I'm done working, and see what I can make of it.

Again, many thanks!

No problem ?

Save you a click, the action to open the display settings menu is:
Open URL: prefs://root=DISPLAY

No problem ?

Save you a click, the action to open the display settings menu is:
Open URL: prefs://root=DISPLAY

Thanks for you help....... I really need to learn!!

Unfortunately that is for the wrong display setting. The one I need is under Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Auto-Brightness.

Please do let me know if you figure it something out.

Thanks.

Totally forgot about this app and a great way of automating the standard tasks we run through before flying.

Can’t see an option to revert the changes once you’ve quit the app or does it just need to be done manually?

Can’t see an option to revert the changes once you’ve quit the app or does it just need to be done manually?

Just need to run the shortcut again and click "End Flying", this will recall your pre-flight settings.

Easy to do if you save the shortcut to your home screen and keep next to the Fly app etc:
- Open Shortcuts
- Click on the three dots on the Fly Drone shortcut
- Click on the three dots on the top right next to the shrtcut name
- Click add to home screen

Reactions: NAZty

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ