DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apprehensive but excited noob in Wales!

Polite

Reactions
Well, I'm just about to hit the button on purchasing a Mini 2 (fly more pack)... my first ever drone. It's part of the annual ritual which involves my wife asking me what I want for Christmas, me telling her, and her then asking me to get it as she doesn't know a. what it is, b. where to get it and c. how to 'work the internet'. It does somewhat ruin the surprise, but as least it isn't an electric toothbrush or socks.?

Actually, I've been eyeing a drone for some time. I enjoy taking photos and video and use them frequently as I have a fishing blog and write odd articles for a few fishing mags in the UK too. Having a small, portable drone will literally bring a while new angle on things. Obviously there's a hint at the particular element of hazard there... water! Man, I'm already nervous and I haven't even bought the **** thing yet. All my other photographic and video kit is waterproof and usually tethered to me like mittens to a toddler, so I couldn't lose any of it if I wanted to. This however, is going to be a whole new ball-game!

I'm no doubt going to have an awful lot of questions so I hope you'll bear with me! First things first...is it worth finding somewhere that'll actually give beginner lessons?

Welcome from China :)

First things first...is it worth finding somewhere that'll actually give beginner lessons?

You don't need to pay for lessons. DJI drones are designed for mass consumer markets, especially the newer drones designed to fly on the DJI Fly app (Mini, Mini 2 and Air 2).

There's loads of great information on YouTube you can check out. You can pretty much watch demonstrations of all the key features before ever taking flight yourself. Find a big empty field for your first few flights and you'll be fine.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Polite.

I think you'll enjoy the Mini 2.

The Mavic Air 2 was my upgrade from a Spark a few months ago, but the Mini 2 wasn't around.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome!

Take it low and slow.
Know your limits - accidents happen when you get over confident.
Keep away from people and those %^& trees and you'll be fine (as long as you follow the drone code)

Most importantly make the most of the little good weather we'll have over the next few months and practice loads!

Now get on and press that "buy" button!

welcome to the forum ,i live about 13 miles from you near Caerphilly and would be more than happy to give you some flying lessons for free there are some great spots very close to where i live to get some tree free flying in ,if you are interested ,send me a message in conversations and we can exchange info

welcome to the forum ,i live about 13 miles from you near Caerphilly and would be more than happy to give you some flying lessons for free there are some great spots very close to where i live to get some tree free flying in ,if you are interested ,send me a message in conversations and we can exchange info
OMM offering free lessons is something you certainly should take up!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

over the last few years i have helped several people into the hobby ,and of course it was simpler then, now even if they dont yet have a drone of their own, then they still need to do the test to get their flier ID to fly my drones ,its just nice to have someone there when you first start off to advise and encourage a new flier and as far as i am concerned if it helps someone from crashing their new drone then its worth it

over the last few years i have helped several people into the hobby ,and of course it was simpler then, now even if they dont yet have a drone of their own, then they still need to do the test to get their flier ID to fly my drones ,its just nice to have someone there when you first start off to advise and encourage a new flier and as far as i am concerned if it helps someone from crashing their new drone then its worth it
Hugely reassuring! I'll be taking out the insurance nonetheless... ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

talking of insurance if you join a group like the BMFA or FPVUK then part of their membership is a third party insurance cover that comes with membership well worthwhile to cover you if you should damage persons or property

Well, I'm just about to hit the button on purchasing a Mini 2 (fly more pack)... my first ever drone. It's part of the annual ritual which involves my wife asking me what I want for Christmas, me telling her, and her then asking me to get it as she doesn't know a. what it is, b. where to get it and c. how to 'work the internet'. It does somewhat ruin the surprise, but as least it isn't an electric toothbrush or socks.?

Actually, I've been eyeing a drone for some time. I enjoy taking photos and video and use them frequently as I have a fishing blog and write odd articles for a few fishing mags in the UK too. Having a small, portable drone will literally bring a while new angle on things. Obviously there's a hint at the particular element of hazard there... water! Man, I'm already nervous and I haven't even bought the **** thing yet. All my other photographic and video kit is waterproof and usually tethered to me like mittens to a toddler, so I couldn't lose any of it if I wanted to. This however, is going to be a whole new ball-game!

I'm no doubt going to have an awful lot of questions so I hope you'll bear with me! First things first...is it worth finding somewhere that'll actually give beginner lessons?
Go out and have FUN!!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus