DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are 2 SD cards better than one?

judell

Reactions
So if I have an SD card in the Air 2 and the smart controller will it record on both? I kept getting a memory error message and thought it had something to do with the memory on the smart controller not being enough to download images and video. Am I wrong?

Will adding an SD card to the smart controller fix that issue.

If I have an SD card in both, will it save the hi res images on both SD cards?

$29 for an SD card at Costco seems like an inexpensive fix. Thanks as always for your help and comments

I am totally unfamiliar with SD cards and U3 or versions. Im assuming the U3/30s are faster than the A1?
Correct?
Im in no rush to use these so your post is quite helpful and I will return what I purchased at Costco for a refund. Are you able to help me out with my issue as to the effect/impact of having an SD card in the Drone as well as the smart controller? Thanks again

I am totally unfamiliar with SD cards and U3 or versions. Im assuming the U3/30s are faster than the A1?
Correct?
Im in no rush to use these so your post is quite helpful and I will return what I purchased at Costco for a refund. Are you able to help me out with my issue as to the effect/impact of having an SD card in the Drone as well as the smart controller? Thanks again
Not being familiar with the "A" classifications I found and attached the complete article at the bottom of this reply. But what I gather is that A1 and A2 have a sustained write speed of 10MB p/s. I'm not a techy but if I'm reading the charts right something like this Samsung SD card writes 130MB p/s. I'm told the V60 are supposed to be even faster.
1641924584992.png

Samsung 128gb Amazon

So far, there are only two designated classes: A1 and A2. The SD Association will add more as they’re needed. The thresholds to meet these categories are:

A1​

To display the A1 symbol, a card must meet or exceed these thresholds:

• Random Read: 1500 IOPS
  • Random Write: 500 IOPS
  • Sustained Sequential Write: 10 megabytes per second

A2​

For the A2 category, it should be able to do at least:

• Random Read: 4000 IOPS
  • Random Write: 2000 IOPS
  • Sustained Sequential Write: 10 megabytes per second
SD classification article

So if I have an SD card in the Air 2 and the smart controller will it record on both? I kept getting a memory error message and thought it had something to do with the memory on the smart controller not being enough to download images and video. Am I wrong?

$29 for an SD card at Costco seems like an inexpensive fix. Thanks as always for your help and comments
Make sure in the settings that the bird is set to record to the SD card. Just a thought, mine did that when I first got it and I found it was set to record to internal memory instead of the SD card. I do have an SD card in my SC, but I don't know that you need to. I think it does record low resolution photos to the smart controller if you enable those settings but the high resolution files are on the card in the AC.

Like you, I was getting the same error message with my Air2 and smart controller. I was not even close to storage compacity on the drone, so assumed it must be storage on the controller. Adding the SD card to the controller and seemed to solve the issue as the internal storage on the controller was nearly full. I've not had any memory error messages since.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS