DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are antenna booster + signal boosters twice effective with the dji air ?

crucx

Reactions
Hey there, i saw some videos with the mavic air where people used on FCC a signal booster and got a huge range out of the mavic air.
I just came on the idea to order for my mavic air antenna boosters + signal boosters. I couldn't find videos where people used a antenna booster + range booster at same time to measure the range and then again but without the signal or antenna booster to see if it's any effective or not.

Lets take these for example: Amazon.com: Tmalltide Foldable Signal Booster,Air Spark Signal Booster DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Air/Spark Controller Signal Booster Range Extender (Gold): Gateway

In combination with: Amazon.com: 1 Pair of 2.4G 7DB Flat Directive Antenna Range Extender & 1 Pair of 2.4G 8DB Omnidirectional Signal Range Booster Kit for DJI Mavic PRO DJI Mavic Air DJI Spark: Gateway

What do you think ? would i get more range out if i would use both of these than just the signal expander of the first link ?

Okay nevermind, i just found randomly a site that sells a big "antenna" called raptor xr. I am sure i can hit even 10.000 meters with it.

Next question and also issue are the batteries. is there a battery mod or something available to purchase ? can someone link me a store for it ?

All the antenna extenders work primarily by focusing the controller signal forward instead of omnidirectional as is the case in stock controller. They also narrow the beam of the controller signal. Be aware of this and be sure you keep you controller pointed at the drone.

There are several threads on battery mods. Just use the forum search feature.

Reactions: crucx and dawgpilot
Thank you. I will buy the raptor xr for 150$.

Another question: Can i start my drone while being inside (with the raptor xr) and open a window, and let it fly out through the window and then around my town ? can i also use then the return to home feature without issues ? will it really know at what distance to reduce or increase the altitude and then fly through the open window back inside ?

Also what happens if i fly the drone from inside to outside, and then try to land it on the grounds behind lets say 10 buildings ? i am sure it will lose signal since there will be buildings etc. between the controller and drone.

I will never try this and also in my current country its not legal till i am in another state and there i could test it but i am to scared. It is super interesting.

Could you link to a good thread for the battery mods?
All the antenna extenders work primarily by focusing the controller signal forward instead of omnidirectional as is the case in stock controller. They also narrow the beam of the controller signal. Be aware of this and be sure you keep you controller pointed at the drone.

There are several threads on battery mods. Just use the forum search feature.

Reactions: crucx

Another question: Can i start my drone while being inside (with the raptor xr) and open a window, and let it fly out through the window and then around my town ? can i also use then the return to home feature without issues ? will it really know at what distance to reduce or increase the altitude and then fly through the open window back inside ?

Also what happens if i fly the drone from inside to outside, and then try to land it on the grounds behind lets say 10 buildings ? i am sure it will lose signal since there will be buildings etc. between the controller and drone.

I will never try this and also in my current country its not legal till i am in another state and there i could test it but i am to scared. It is super interesting.
It's a VERY BAD idea to fly out of the window: you will very probably lose your copter!

I use this 御2mavic2 改雙電池續航延時拉鋸38公裏防炸機雞
and let my mavic out every morning. It always come back when the battery starts to run low.
Not sure where it goes exactly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka