DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are DJI goggles still best option?

I returned my DJI Goggles because they didn't fit my head, and they are too large overall and don't include a fan to get rid of lens steaming and making you cooler in hot weather. But they are VERY well made.
Many people use FAT SHARK googles thru the HDMI port. These are VERY small and work nicely. However, I would recommend the better Aomway Commander Goggles for less, depending on which model. And you won't need the weird antennas using HDMI.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 3.20.46 PM.png

Last edited:
I returned my DJI Goggles because they didn't fit my head, and they are too large overall and don't include a fan to get rid of lens steaming and making you cooler in hot weather. But they are VERY well made.
Many people use FAT SHARK googles thru the HDMI port. These are VERY small and work nicely. However, I would recommend the better Aomway Commander Goggles for less, depending on which model.
Thank you, we're they too big for your head? That's a concern of mine, I have a small head!!

I think it's more the SHAPE of your head. There are several reviews about this, so I'm not the only one! But you will enjoy the smaller googles more, but only the DJI Goggles have the interface to control your drone. Just use the smaller googles and you can easily use the controller without looking at it.

I think it's more the SHAPE of your head. There are several reviews about this, so I'm not the only one! But you will enjoy the smaller googles more, but only the DJI Goggles have the interface to control your drone. Just use the smaller googles and you can easily use the controller without looking at it.
Thanks for the reply ,I wonder if the Epson goggles are a good option for the mavic?

Hey guys, I just ordered a crystalsky monitor, now I'm thinking about some goggles what are the best options the crystalsky had HDMI... Or are the DJI goggles still the best?

The goggles are definitely worth a try. They give you a superb picture. Fat sharks are more suited to racing drones.
But you have to try them first before buying those, specially if you are wearing glasses because of a focus problem for some.

I'm thinking I may just try the goggles, but my concern is Im a female with a small head, I usually wear a ball cap here on the farm and I always on the smallest setting and sometimes that's too big, do the goggles adjust to a pretty small size?

...and you can pull the headband quite far down over the back of your head, which means a bigger radius of the headband.

I do that often, because I love to look straight down (with gimbal tracking on), and that's the only headband position for me in which the goggles don't slide.

I think the goggles fit ok if you don't really want to walk around with them flipped up. I've tried just about every kind of goggles and the DJI is the most immersive of them all. It has a better screen than my Playstation 4 VR. The fogging issue is annoying especially down here in south Florida in the summer with 93 degrees and 100% humidity.

Goggles are great, you will fly out further as you are with the mavic all the time. You may need focus correction depending on your eyes, but there are plenty of 3d printed options, or just drop me a PM.

Reactions: bonzo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters