DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are Drone Taxis in our Future?

I am truly amazed that all these drone vehicles have unprotected propellers. I really would expect any flying vehicle of this nature where untrained personnel (passengers, by-standers, well-wishers, etc…) would have easy access to it to have all manner of guards installed on them. Oh sure, you can say there will be all manner of sensors that will prevent the vehicle from landing or launching if there are people nearby and I will say, tell it to the family and friends of the folks who have been killed and injured by self-driving cars…

Reactions: The Droning Company
Of course they will be . . . a long distant future.

There is a lot to work through, so much more than self driving vehicles, or simple drone delivery, and THOSE are going to take quite a few years yet before being both trusted and viable.

Self driving vehicles will become mainstream first, drone delivery a little while afterwards, then perhaps we will see how / if people can build trust to mix it with drone like aircraft as passengers.

I am truly amazed that all these drone vehicles have unprotected propellers. I really would expect any flying vehicle of this nature where untrained personnel (passengers, by-standers, well-wishers, etc…) would have easy access to it to have all manner of guards installed on them. Oh sure, you can say there will be all manner of sensors that will prevent the vehicle from landing or launching if there are people nearby and I will say, tell it to the family and friends of the folks who have been killed and injured by self-driving cars…
Having flown helicopters a few decades past, they never had "prop protectors" unless you consider the one over the tail rotor in the newer models

Reactions: The Droning Company
Having flown helicopters a few decades past, they never had "prop protectors" unless you consider the one over the tail rotor in the newer models
Yeah, but I bet you never pulled up to your clients (landed) in a parking lot, or on their front lawn; it is a whole different environment to go to an airport that is controlled and regulated and you probably did not land and expect the customer to stroll over to your helicopter and get in themselves…

These are almost being marketed like driverless taxis and may someday be in "everybody's driveway, like the "Jetsons."

In the photo below, it is a Self-Driving Drone and it is a manufacturer's file photo, so everyone is directed to stand back, no close-ups, no selfies, in a "let's not get anybody killed on this maiden flight"

If this was a real party, wedding, anniversary, birthday, holiday party with lots of drinking and "good times to be had by all," do you really believe all those folks would be keeping their distance? Again, if this was a real party, there would be idiots jumping off the roof into the swimming pool…

drone.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie