DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are Samsung phones no longer supported?

Rodkat

Reactions
Hi, I've been using my mavic pro with the go 4 app on a Samsung s10+, didn't use it for a few months and the app won't open any more. I replaced the phone recently with a Samsung s22 ultra and have the same problem.
The app won't open at all, I've tried reinstalling it and my phone won't let me install direct from DJI website. It still works on my old HTC 10 but would be great to get it working on one of the Samsung phones. Any ideas/advice appreciated.

For the S22 you do need to download from DJI, look up how to make it allow installing downloaded apps.

For the S22 you do need to download from DJI, look up how to make it allow installing downloaded apps.

That *should* get it working on the S10, but the S22 is a different matter. There are still issues with Go4 on Android 12 with several phones, including Exynos CPU based version of Samsung's hardware and Google's Pixels, amongst others where is crashes out when you connect the RC. This seems to be a DJI issue as Litchi was also broken, but that was apparently fixed with an SDK update around the same time that DJI fixed similar problems with their newer DJI Fly app last month.

Now that Fly is fixed, I would expect a fix for Go4 to either be released fairly soon, or it's just not going to happen. Frankly, given the way DJI has handled reports of this issue on their own forums, I'm now suspecting the latter is more likely, so if you have Go4 working on an older phone look after it!

Reactions: gope_73 and Rodkat
That *should* get it working on the S10, but the S22 is a different matter. There are still issues with Go4 on Android 12 with several phones, including Exynos CPU based version of Samsung's hardware and Google's Pixels, amongst others where is crashes out when you connect the RC. This seems to be a DJI issue as Litchi was also broken, but that was apparently fixed with an SDK update around the same time that DJI fixed similar problems with their newer DJI Fly app last month.

Now that Fly is fixed, I would expect a fix for Go4 to either be released fairly soon, or it's just not going to happen. Frankly, given the way DJI has handled reports of this issue on their own forums, I'm now suspecting the latter is more likely, so if you have Go4 working on an older phone look after it!
Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed response. That clears things up a lot.

You should also get the app firect from dji's website and not the play store

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka