DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any drones with individually swiveling rotors?

voyager

Reactions
So they can vector their thrust. Toy-like drones are too small to make this sort of adjustment worthwhile... But I can imagine that future aerial vehicles may make use of electric rotors that swivel to vector thrust to the rear after vertical takeoff, to commence forward flight

I like it, Florida Drone!
Could not quite get the guy's name, nor that of the company he is working for....

Ah, his name was at the end titles.

Last edited:
I like it, Florida Drone!
Could not quite get the guy's name, nor that of the company he is working for....

I added another link.

So they can vector their thrust. Toy-like drones are too small to make this sort of adjustment worthwhile... But I can imagine that future aerial vehicles may make use of electric rotors that swivel to vector thrust to the rear after vertical takeoff, to commence forward flight
They would need to add an airfoil to maintain lift during forward flight, and some mechanism to do the tilting , and bigger batteries to run everything, so weight and size would increase, which means bigger motors. A good idea though.

Reactions: voyager and Kilrah
Can rotors amplify their collective thrust if you 'lense' them a bit?

thrust%2Bfocus.jpg

Forget the name of it but there is a drone out there that tilts the motors forwards and backwards.

I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but I know that a ducted fan obtains its efficiency and increased thrust due to the shape of the duct and the better airflow through it. Not by aiming or grouping the thrust. Of course, the more rotors there are, the more thrust there is, but there is no additive effect by aiming the rotors on the same vector.

Curtis Youngblood does make a collective pitch quadcopter its the CY Stingray 500 basically a tail-rotor from a heli as the props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S