DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there fake/counterfeit Mavic 2 Pro propellers in circulation?

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
Are there fake ones out that that look exactly like the official DJI Mavic 2 Pro propellers? Right down to the 8743F code on the propellers themselves?

Last edited:
Check out this thread. I think he got a fake pair:

mavic 2 pro noise reduction propeller nightmare

It’s a shame he didn’t reply. There should be a pinned thread regarding fake propellers as that’s the most important replacement part on a Mavic 2 Pro - just like tyres are on a car.

At least with a car you won’t lose it if something goes wrong with 1 tyre (unless it’s a freak accident where the car rolls) but with a drone and a single propeller failing high in the sky that would be catastrophic.

There’s so many 3rd party and counterfeit spare parts & accessories available online it’s hard to tell what’s safe to use and what isn’t.

There are also fake batteries out there- right down to the fake packaging. It happens with everything electronic. That’s why you should only buy parts from an authorized distributor and not online from the sites with unknown private sellers.

There are also fake batteries out there- right down to the fake packaging. It happens with everything electronic.

Usually on the fake batteries, it will say "Compatible with DJI Mavic" which is just short of a correct copy. They might look the same, but the LED lights are usually slightly different, and the label will not say DJI.

To the untrained eye, it is easily misleading.

Usually on the fake batteries, it will say "Compatible with DJI Mavic" which is just short of a correct copy. They might look the same, but the LED lights are usually slightly different, and the label will not say DJI.

To the untrained eye, it is easily misleading.

At least they may say they are compatible! Camera batteries are really the worse- right down to fake laserprinted manufacturers logo. Ive seen some that looked good but when you compare the weight to a real one, it was a lot lighter.

At least they may say they are compatible! Camera batteries are really the worse- right down to fake laserprinted manufacturers logo. Ive seen some that looked good but when you compare the weight to a real one, it was a lot lighter.

Yes but the problem is that people see that they are compatible, and then incorrectly assume they are OEM DJI. Its really not easy for a new owner to wade through all the fake products to try and find OEM DJI stuff at a discount.

I always go with trusted vendors such as B and H, so I know that what I am getting is real.

Yes but the problem is that people see that they are compatible, and then incorrectly assume they are OEM DJI. Its really not easy for a new owner to wade through all the fake products to try and find OEM DJI stuff at a discount.

I always go with trusted vendors such as B and H, so I know that what I am getting is real.
Yes I always go with the BandH or Adorama as well. I would never buy such things from vendors on Amazon or eBay, you never know what you’re going to get on them.

@AMann who do you trust when it comes to buying OEM DJI parts?

The biggest issue here is that we need to educate people about what a Mavic2 prop is and how to spot it from a Mavic Pro Prop.

The Mavic 2 props have a winglet design but the Mavic Pro props do not. The Mavic 2 props should look indentical to the originals. It’s a great design and nobody hasn’t been able to out do it yet.

Also maybe somebody can confirm this but I do not believe they make a mavic 2 prop with a gold tip. I think they are only silver

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
It’s a shame he didn’t reply. There should be a pinned thread regarding fake propellers as that’s the most important replacement part on a Mavic 2 Pro - just like tyres are on a car.

At least with a car you won’t lose it if something goes wrong with 1 tyre (unless it’s a freak accident where the car rolls) but with a drone and a single propeller failing high in the sky that would be catastrophic.

There’s so many 3rd party and counterfeit spare parts & accessories available online it’s hard to tell what’s safe to use and what isn’t.
Does the word "CHINA" ring any bells?

W
Does the word "CHINA" ring any bells?
What about China? iPhones, top spec road/mountain bikes, Android phones, drones, etc, etc come from China. I bet the phone or computer you typed that message is made in China. Nothing wrong with China but like any other country out there there’s always a bunch of people who will make imitation of the real deal to get rich quick.

Are there fake ones out that that look exactly like the official DJI Mavic 2 Pro propellers? Right down to the 8743F code on the propellers themselves?

Does a hobby horse have a wooden di..?

Seriously, this stuff is faked all the time. From the low end (DJI Mavic propellers) to the high end (Rolex watches) to the cool (Nazi memorabilia), the Chinese are the fakery and forgery experts. In some cases, it's the same people shipping the legit stuff out the front door (genuine Rolex parts manufactured in China to be sent to Switzerland for assembly and thereby certified as Swiss made) that send the stuff out the back door (reproductions, fakes and the like).

Does a hobby horse have a wooden di..?

Seriously, this stuff is faked all the time. From the low end (DJI Mavic propellers) to the high end (Rolex watches) to the cool (Nazi memorabilia), the Chinese are the fakery and forgery experts. In some cases, it's the same people shipping the legit stuff out the front door (genuine Rolex parts manufactured in China to be sent to Switzerland for assembly and thereby certified as Swiss made) that send the stuff out the back door (reproductions, fakes and the like).
Chill dude, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Yes there are fakes out there but how is one to know to what extent they’ve reached?

I may have very well been looking at genuine ones being sold by a private seller on eBay. Just because there are fakes out there doesn’t mean that it applies to every seller.

The biggest issue here is that we need to educate people about what a Mavic2 prop is and how to spot it from a Mavic Pro Prop.

The Mavic 2 props have a winglet design but the Mavic Pro props do not. The Mavic 2 props should look indentical to the originals. It’s a great design and nobody hasn’t been able to out do it yet.

Also maybe somebody can confirm this but I do not believe they make a mavic 2 prop with a gold tip. I think they are only silver
Yes, that is correct, the only props someone should be buying for the Mavic 2 Pro are the silver tipped (8743F).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest