DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there options for repairs of mavics in the US, how do we maintain them?

New England Droning

Reactions
If or maybe when I crash my mini 2 (i don't consider hitting a bush at 1' and slow speed to be a real crash) but as I see in all these reports that it is bound to happen. Where do we get them repaired? Is sending it to DJI the only option?
I have the refresh for 2 drones in the next year. But I'd like to not test it out. But are there places to get maintenance done? I saw where someone said they were gluing things back together. I would consider that to not be safe, especially with a heavier drone.

One thing to note is that in the US so far, DJI themselves are the only ones as authorized repair center. DJI can deny future warranty if repairs are not done by them.

This is not to diminish the quality of any other center, particularly those factory trained by DJI such as DDS, which is what DJI lists as recommended repair centers. It's dumb I know, but that's what DJI posts.

Reactions: New England Droning
If or maybe when I crash my mini 2 (i don't consider hitting a bush at 1' and slow speed to be a real crash) but as I see in all these reports that it is bound to happen. Where do we get them repaired? Is sending it to DJI the only option?
I have the refresh for 2 drones in the next year. But I'd like to not test it out. But are there places to get maintenance done? I saw where someone said they were gluing things back together. I would consider that to not be safe, especially with a heavier drone.
I just received my MPP back from DJI Drone Service.
It was a two week turn around.
I would recommend them.

One thing to note is that in the US so far, DJI themselves are the only ones as authorized repair center. DJI can deny future warranty if repairs are not done by them.

This is not to diminish the quality of any other center, particularly those factory trained by DJI such as DDS, which is what DJI lists as recommended repair centers. It's dumb I know, but that's what DJI posts.
So should I check with DJI first to make sure they ok a repair. I figure they don't want this drone back in china to look it over...

So should I check with DJI first to make sure they ok a repair. I figure they don't want this drone back in china to look it over...

DJI has an official repair center in the USA. I believe in Texas.

Reactions: Thomas B
I was directed to send my P3A back in 2016 and my M2 in 2018 to CA. I wish it were TX, shipping times would have been shorter.

If you have Refresh then you want to go with DJI repair for sure since in the first place it's going to be free while you'd pay with someone else, and repairing somewhere else would likely void said Refresh.

If you have Refresh then you want to go with DJI repair for sure since in the first place it's going to be free while you'd pay with someone else, and repairing somewhere else would likely void said Refresh.
I thought Refresh (unlike warranty repair) still had a payment for the replacement, so not free.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Indeed, forgot about that. But likely cheaper than a repair somewhere else considering that would void the refresh so you'd have to include the initial cost of the Refresh package and the 2nd Refresh use in that repair...

We've used @djidroneservice several times with GREAT success. Their techs are DJI Trained techs and their work in exceptional. Free quote, free shipping, and outstanding Customer Service on both Mavic and Phantoms.

Reactions: DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu