DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

are you a flyer, photographer..

Are you mainly

• Total voters
Photographer that WANTS to pilot the mini 2. It's a blast, and allows for perspectives I would never get otherwise. Good for scouting.
about sums me up...

Ps.. whenever i see TV video of a location and surroundings I immediately know the drone look/perspective. Gives me ideas above my station.. LOL

Last edited:
Used to fly RC fixed-wing, MANY years ago. Drones caught my attention, just for the love of getting up in the air! Now, I'm hooked, and besides learning to fly I'm trying to learn how to shoot and edit video, too! I only wish there were more hours in the day...another hobby or 'project' is just what I needed at this point! Flying the MA2, BTW.

I got into flying drones more for the flying experience and viewing the world from above. I enjoy editing video and photos so I voted "even mix of all in poll". I would say I am more flyer than I am photographer.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Flyer, photographer, videographer who needs a drone to get what I want - doesn't NEED to be an M2. I do like what it does and how it flies.

Reactions: Grazuncle
I got it to look over the back .40. I kept it to look over the adjacent acreage. I like looking over things and stuff and junk, and you have to be over stuff to do that.
But to be brutally honest, if it had zero tech, I would use it less.
Also very handy to keep an eye on attacking zombie hordes and other common but rough situations.....Dang zombies.

I have a been a pro photographer for decades. At the time I was just intrigued by drones and wanted one. After a 2 day fiasco with a cheap Chinese model I thought I'd dip my toe in the water with a Mini and found I'd bought a flying camera. 6 weeks later I bought a Mavic 2 Pro, then upgraded the Mini to the Mini 2. Pretty much any hobby I take up needs a purpose and flying by itself would get old pretty quickly. But filming from the sky provides the purpose; finding new perspectives and projects. Sometimes I fly simply to practice flying, but it's so that I can be silky smooth in the air when filming.

• Love
Reactions: Grazuncle and DJayI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato