DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Hi all,

Thought I’d start with what’s under my tree.;)

CS monitor
Polar pro mount
Inspire quick release mount.
Subscription to Lr cc
Apple pencil

That’s what I know of at the mo;) love my wife to bits;)

Porky, do we know who wrapped your monitor and placed it under tree? I was just reading an article about how some people get disappointed every year when electronic present does not work due to incorrect wrapping and rough placement under the tree. Maybe you should sneak down, locate CS package,unwrap and test it tonight to make sure no one dropped or broke it. Probably is the most responsible thing to do, then you can relax and not worry over the next few days.....

Hohoho ...
My dear, flower that accompanies me for more than 27 years through life, she has full understanding of my interests and hobbies, just like me for her...[emoji108]

We present ourselves throughout the year, if wishes are realizable...[emoji736]

At the end of the year, we're running out of ideas for gifts, so in December we just try to spend a comfortable time together...[emoji318]

We are allowed to play with the gifts from the 24th onwards...[emoji320]

But the weather here is almost always cold and uncomfortable during this time, and I prefer to play with my Mavic if the weather plays along...[emoji258]

But hey,
crazy people (like me) certainly have more than a single hobby ... At the moment I'm trying to change my already modified 3D printer, another time according to my ideas. So I cut sometime (annoyed and without much thought) through the complete harness of the machine. And if everything goes well, I no longer have to fight through the entire machine, just for the occasional replacement of an element on the print head.

For a long time I thought about which type of connector I would like to use. Now half is done, and with luck the mill will run again this year. Then the way is clear for thoughts to construct something interesting again...[emoji362]

On the first picture it looks like an easy job, just a few cables and not much else. But unfortunately, most cables are surrounded by a glass-fiber sheath, and that alone makes it hard to get to the fine interior. In addition, everything is in motion with the working machine, so it really needs good connections over the long term.
20181218_205609.jpeg
When this work is done, then I celebrate in between a little extra Christmas...
20181218_210626.jpeg20181218_211103.jpeg
Unfortunately, three new things that are not absolutely necessary will not make it under the tree anymore, as they are already in use: 4 radiator thermostats, which can be easily controlled with an app / A battery discharger (SkyRc BD200) / And a mini cordless screwdriver (SainSmart ES120).

Unfortunately, the DJI-Osmo pocket will not come to us in 2018, but is high on the wish list for 2019 ...

Last edited:
Ever had a kid in a school play? I can relate to Jonah here:
Note: Jonah was issued defective reindeer antlers but tried to make best of it:

They could of blown those gloves up for poor ol Jonah, bless him;)

Last edited:
Hohoho ...
My dear, flower that accompanies me for more than 27 years through life, she has full understanding of my interests and hobbies, just like me for her...[emoji108]

We present ourselves throughout the year, if wishes are realizable...[emoji736]

At the end of the year, we're running out of ideas for gifts, so in December we just try to spend a comfortable time together...[emoji318]

We are allowed to play with the gifts from the 24th onwards...[emoji320]

But the weather here is almost always cold and uncomfortable during this time, and I prefer to play with my Mavic if the weather plays along...[emoji258]

But hey,
crazy people (like me) certainly have more than a single hobby ... At the moment I'm trying to change my already modified 3D printer, another time according to my ideas. So I cut sometime (annoyed and without much thought) through the complete harness of the machine. And if everything goes well, I no longer have to fight through the entire machine, just for the occasional replacement of an element on the print head.

For a long time I thought about which type of connector I would like to use. Now half is done, and with luck the mill will run again this year. Then the way is clear for thoughts to construct something interesting again...[emoji362]

On the first picture it looks like an easy job, just a few cables and not much else. But unfortunately, most cables are surrounded by a glass-fiber sheath, and that alone makes it hard to get to the fine interior. In addition, everything is in motion with the working machine, so it really needs good connections over the long term.
View attachment 56249
When this work is done, then I celebrate in between a little extra Christmas...
View attachment 56250View attachment 56251
Unfortunately, three new things that are not absolutely necessary will not make it under the tree anymore, as they are already in use: 4 radiator thermostats, which can be easily controlled with an app / A battery discharger (SkyRc BD200) / And a mini cordless screwdriver (SainSmart ES120).

Unfortunately, the DJI-Osmo pocket will not come to us in 2018, but is high on the wish list for 2019 ...

My other hobby is “weather” yep I’m an amateur metarolagist. I’ve been fascinated with the weather since I was a kid. Got all the gear, weather station, lightning detector plus so much more. My anemometer plays a very big part in my flying plans now especially if I’m flying local. Again my wife has always supported me in that & even helps out on my weather website.

This hobby can be monitored via my study in the comfort of my home which is great but not so for my flying:( at the mo it’s looking good to fly on Christmas Day but that could change... keeping a very close eye on it.

This will be the 1st time in a while I’ve been able to fly but it all depends on how easy it is setting up my CS monitor:rolleyes:

Weather from now until Christmas is wet & windy but Christmas Day, dry with a light breeze:):) even my wife said “we must get your drone in the air over Christmas” her words.., love her to bits, she’s my spotter.

It’s early here in the UK 5.00am & I’m being to sensible... so back to being an idiot again...... lol ;);)

I think it’s 6 sleeps till Christmas, oh I ain’t got a clue now.... but it’s getting closer, yehhh;);)
now thats what you call a flasher son or could it be a flash in the pan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest