DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ARE YOU GONNA BUY A NEW DRONE FROM DJI>>>>>>>>DONT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD Lar

P4 Pro Plus/Mavic 2 Pro /Zoom /GoPro7
Reactions
Good day fellow pilots, so just a quick heads up...I'm not a newbie, I've bought 6 drones from DJI, dont know whats going on at the factory but, ordered a mini a month ago, they said there would be a delay and i was ok with that. A short delay, its been over a month and customer support has ( Mod Removed Comment )..so if you want to roll the dice and buy one anyway, its your call. But be prepared to wait a long long long time, with not customer support to tell u anything what so ever. they have my money, but wont respond to my e mails or online chat requests with anything but a computer generated response that says its processing........ very frustrating. And for those of you that are going to respond to me saying.....oh its the virus just be patient...blah blah blah...... they told me when I ordered it it would ship out with a max 6 day delay....been over a month.......Im pissed!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been a common problem with DJI (especially) for a new product rollout. They tend to fill the large reseller orders first and the single direct orders last. I did the same dance when I ordered my MP in 2017. Cancelled the order with DJI and got it at B&H.

Since the price is the same, I recommend getting it from a local (or at least in the same country) seller with a good return policy. It would be easier dealing locally if there is a problem than trying to work with DJI in China and their customer support system.

Last edited:
The Mini has been out for awhile now and is available and in stock from a lot of places in the US. Bestbuy, Amazon, B&H, drone specialty stores etc. I have no idea why people order direct from DJI. They ship from China and are always late.

The Mini has been out for awhile now and is available and in stock from a lot of places in the US. Bestbuy, Amazon, B&H, drone specialty stores etc. I have no idea why people order direct from DJI. They ship from China and are always late.
I’d never buy directly from DJI. It’s much better to use a local shop. You get it there and then, and if there are any problems it’s easy to return.

you are so right, I made a BAD CALL, IM A SELECT member so i thought it would have priority shipping....just made a bad call....

It has been a common problem with DJI for a new product rollout. They tend to fill the large reseller orders first and the single direct orders last. I did the same dance when I ordered my MP in 2017. Cancelled the order with DJI and got it at B&H.

Since the price is the same, I recommend getting it from a local (or at least in the same country) seller with a good return policy. I would be easier dealing locally if there is a problem than trying to work with DJI in China and their customer support system.
Good call....dont know what i was thinking....they have over committed to me in the past as well.. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: SXViper03
It has been a common problem with DJI for a new product rollout. They tend to fill the large reseller orders first and the single direct orders last. I did the same dance when I ordered my MP in 2017. Cancelled the order with DJI and got it at B&H.

Since the price is the same, I recommend getting it from a local (or at least in the same country) seller with a good return policy. I would be easier dealing locally if there is a problem than trying to work with DJI in China and their customer support system.
Appreciate the feedback....

Thats what Im going to do, if I dont I'll get it by Christmas....maybe...hahahahah

Maybe the pandemic is causing supply issues ??.? - wrong time to rant ... plus every country is different ... different issues , different challenges etc .. my DJI deliveries were always on time ... I’m in U.K. ..

Thanks for the information above, I have now cancelled my Mavic 2 Air combo order from DJI....very fast at taking the money but very slow at sending the order out. So I cancelled the order tonight, thanks for the posts above.

Jerry

Good day fellow pilots, so just a quick heads up...I'm not a newbie, I've bought 6 drones from DJI, dont know whats going on at the factory but, ordered a mini a month ago, they said there would be a delay and i was ok with that. A short delay, its been over a month and customer support has ( Mod Removed Comment )..so if you want to roll the dice and buy one anyway, its your call. But be prepared to wait a long long long time, with not customer support to tell u anything what so ever. they have my money, but wont respond to my e mails or online chat requests with anything but a computer generated response that says its processing........ very frustrating. And for those of you that are going to respond to me saying.....oh its the virus just be patient...blah blah blah...... they told me when I ordered it it would ship out with a max 6 day delay....been over a month.......Im pissed!!!!
Just in case you have been off visiting another Planet - there has been a Global Pandemic that all-but locked down every home and factory in China (and every other country in the world that values its people).
What a shame those Chinese people chose to protect their lives and their families rather than immediately run off to the factory and build your drone ... o_O
The politest suggestion I have is that you look up the definition of 'selfishness' and contemplate your place in the world.

With a greatly reduced number of aircraft in the air due to the pandemic, it’s likely your parcel can’t even make a transit route yet.

Goods I’ve ordered from the USA which would normally take 6-10 days to Australia are now scheduled to take 6-8 weeks (coming by ship).

It happens, develop some tolerance, it’s one month in the scheme of your entire life.

Something definitely wrong with your order. in mid April I ordered a Mini on a Sunday night, North America Eastern time, it shipped Tuesday morning and I had it Friday afternoon. The other thing I ordered from DJI in June of last year got to me just as quickly.

Reactions: crlmjohnson

GET a GRIP! As noted there is a global pandemic killing thousands the the world is on lock-down. The USA alone has has more deaths to COVID-19 in the last three months than all the years in Vietnam. At the current death rate in the USA by the end of July the USA is likely to have lost more to COVID-19 than WW1.

EVERYTHING is taking longer to deliver. Not just DJI drones. Hethrow has gone from over 600 flights a day (opperating 06:00 to 23:00) to 60 flights a day now (mainly freight AFAIK)

In the grand scheme of things your drone being a bit late is irrelevant. Besides you should be in lock-down and not out flying. Though if the lock-down ends in the USA you will have far bigger problems than late deliveries of non-essential toys.

Don’t know why anyone would order direct from DJI. When I ordered the mini it was delivered the same day. Ordered 10 am and was delivered between 7-11 pm slot from Argos.
The price was literally the same all over for the combo and even had a 6 month interest free deal on it.

I got it from Mac Star computers here in Anaheim California they have it on the shelves, so no wait time.

GET a GRIP! As noted there is a global pandemic killing thousands the the world is on lock-down. The USA alone has has more deaths to COVID-19 in the last three months than all the years in Vietnam. At the current death rate in the USA by the end of July the USA is likely to have lost more to COVID-19 than WW1.

EVERYTHING is taking longer to deliver. Not just DJI drones. Hethrow has gone from over 600 flights a day (opperating 06:00 to 23:00) to 60 flights a day now (mainly freight AFAIK)

In the grand scheme of things your drone being a bit late is irrelevant. Besides you should be in lock-down and not out flying. Though if the lock-down ends in the USA you will have far bigger problems than late deliveries of non-essential toys.

Nothing wrong with flying your drone in lockdown when going out for a walk. The first day I flew mines i walked into a car park with half a dozen copper having a gab.

I got the drone precisely so we’d have something to do on our long walks. So far so good.

Hi first off I don’t think your h as bing a rant as a some on here do, if they said 6 days then 6 days duh! If it’s not point issuable tell the customer it’s not DJI’s first dance people! And for the Trolls ranting About it’s a pandemic blah blah pull Your heads in Hero’s sheesh don’t take out your lock down frustrations on an innocent party if you don’t agree just move on don’t preach from your soap box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone