DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Argh stop me - so close to buying an M2Z

dannybgoode

Reactions
I’ve got an MA. I don’t need an M2 but got the Zoom looks like so much fun.

The photographer in me says go for the pro but other than pure IQ it doesn’t particularly do anything more that the Air (except for the overall M2 improvements).

The Zoom though - that opens up so many possibilities and coupled with the general advantages of the M2 - improved range, extra flight modes and most importantly much longer flight times I am quickly caving in!

I love the Air and would keep it for when I am travelling light (cycling, hiking etc) and take the Zoom when I’m in the car.

Will report back if (when) I’ve made the purchase :)

I have both mp2’s
The zoom is fun.(and takes great pics)

I wish I could justify (and afford!) both. I think the M2Z for now though and then start saving for when the P5 is released and use that for the serious photography.

Something about the Zoom just makes it so appealing...

My next one will be the p5 IF it has interchangeable lens.

I have 2 mp's I recently bought a zoom from amazon. To be honest I like the zoom feature. Flight time is just a tad longer. As far as range goes seems like the Mavic 1 is better. or about the same. I don't do much video just basicly photos . For me it doesn't do anything special other that the zoom. So sending it back and saving 1700 bucks.

My next one will be the p5 IF it has interchangeable lens.

I’d be happy with a decent optical zoom (say 18-55mm) and a 1” or preferably a m4/3 sensor.

But a proper m4/3 interchangeable system would be sweet :)

I have 2 mp's I recently bought a zoom from amazon. To be honest I like the zoom feature. Flight time is just a tad longer. As far as range goes seems like the Mavic 1 is better. or about the same. I don't do much video just basicly photos . For me it doesn't do anything special other that the zoom. So sending it back and saving 1700 bucks.
Interesting. I have found the range to be much better on the 2 than the 1.

Reactions: Hpacura

If I didn’t have the MA I would almost certain buy the M2P however the stills capabilities of the MA are still good enough so the M2P doesn’t really give me anything different other than the new flight modes.

With the M2Z I get something different with the Zoom and get to play with things like the ‘super pixel’ mode or whatever they call it.

The photographer in me says go for the pro but other than pure IQ it doesn’t particularly do anything more that the Air (except for the overall M2 improvements).

The Zoom though - that opens up so many possibilities and coupled with the general advantages of the M2 - improved range, extra flight modes and most importantly much longer flight times I am quickly caving in!

I love the Air and would keep it for when I am travelling light (cycling, hiking etc) and take the Zoom when I’m in the car.

Someone else with the same dilemma! I have been thinking about the M2Z too as the zoom will be a lot more useful for what I need but the MA is so practical.

I have been waiting for the P5 and it's rumoured interchangeable lenses but I've also heard it is going to come with a hefty price tag so it may be better to go for the M2Z soon?

Interested to see how you get on the M2Z if you get it.

Someone else with the same dilemma! I have been thinking about the M2Z too as the zoom will be a lot more useful for what I need but the MA is so practical.

I have been waiting for the P5 and it's rumoured interchangeable lenses but I've also heard it is going to come with a hefty price tag so it may be better to go for the M2Z soon?

Interested to see how you get on the M2Z if you get it.

The P5 isn’t going to be as portable as the Zoom either. The Air is definitely staying - went on holiday to Cyprus and Portugal this year and it just slotted into my hand luggage and barely took up any space.

The P5 is also vapourware at the moment with no certain release date. Could even be late in 2019 and that’s a long time to miss out on.

Depends on the conditions I guess. I also didn't see a difference in the MP with a range extender

I have the zoom. The occusync2 makes it so much better for strong visual signal and transmission. It makes flying a pleasure rather than a rollercoaster ride when you get out a ways. I flew out slightly over 4 miles 2 days ago (over open country) in p mode and never even had a glitch in visual. Put it in rth and still had 30% battery upon return. I just enjoy the reliability of occusync2 and the zoom camera way more than a wifi drone that starts flickering at 3000 feet or less which is my experience with my Spark though I still like it. Just my 2 pesos. The quietness of the Mav 2 has also been a big plus. I don't feel like I'm bothering anything or anybody with it as much.

I upgraded from an Air to a M2Z recently, I loved the Air, its a superb bit of kit, in FCC mode it was great, but I find the M2Z a decent upgrade, the Zoom function is just fantastic, the longer flight time is a very welcome addition and Occusync 2 is rock solid for me, having a 1080p feed to my tablet when flying really is nice, also the craft is much more stable in the wind than the Air, probably due to the size.

Overall a very good upgrade I found.

Reactions: cochitiman and Moon
I upgraded from an Air to a M2Z recently, I loved the Air, its a superb bit of kit, in FCC mode it was great, but I find the M2Z a decent upgrade, the Zoom function is just fantastic, the longer flight time is a very welcome addition and Occusync 2 is rock solid for me, having a 1080p feed to my tablet when flying really is nice, also the craft is much more stable in the wind than the Air, probably due to the size.

Overall a very good upgrade I found.

That’s not helping me resist! Do think I’ll get one this weekend but the Air is staying - at least for now...

Reactions: Moon
Love my photography so ive always gone with image quality for everything - canon L lenses etc etc. Perfectionist. So it was hard to not get the Pro. But i bought the m2z as i saw so many great clips that were probably beyond the level of edit even i would bother with - and decided being able to punch in on casual shooting would be way more useful - so far - im stoked! I wanted to just have fun flying and looking around as much as the odd cinematic shot - i can see a bit of noise etc etc but honestly the bulk of the audience (fam and friends) and me with my 2k pc screens/4k tvs it looks amazing.

The 264 files edit really easy on my high spec PC and output fast. Ive punched in on so many shots - even overhead hovers put you in a broken structure visually rather than physically - and when you are 800m away ive tended not to get too close... also so far being able to hover on a lake and push the zoom in on trees with birds where im sure they would fly off if i cropped it the same by moving forward. The zoom is fun - it lets you really highlight the target which is missing in a lot of generic drone footage (amazing looking footage mind you) but its definitely a new approach. I do like being a little more discreet while being able to get close - as i am wary to not ruin someones peaceful moment :)

Im having fun - its golden hour here so i might go now and fly 3 batteries. (and let my 11yo have a fly in tripod mode :)

Reactions: AlexSP and ff22
@supernicko - thanks for the feedback. Yes I have s Canon 5D III and plenty of L glass!

But the Zoom does interesting stuff the Pro can’t. Except for the various advantages that the M2 has in general all the Pro can do is take better pictures in some circumstances.

We both know though that a good camera doesn’t automatically mean good pictures and I am more than capable of taking decent photos with the Zoom and Air cameras.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair