Join Us Now

Arghhh, bloody latest update has cleared all my camera settings

coffee-king

Reactions
Its defaulted back to none 4k, NTSC, Histogram turned off etc etc
Wiped all Style/Color settings.

(None of which I can remember)

God knows what else its reset.

It really has been an ANNOYING day trying to update this to the latest firmware on my Mac with it downloading, getting stuck, going no where, trying again and again, then trying it through the DJI Go 4 app and finally managing to get somewhere.....Then it saying there is conflicting info with the batteries and having to update all of those too.

I suggest everyone else have a look and see if theirs have been wiped too.

Anyone know if there is a way of backing up settings so this doesnt happen again in the future?

The way this system updates/runs sometimes is as bad as a TomTom.

I take screenshots of my settings . ;)
All I know to do .

Auto focus/ Manual focus / Lock etc. I cant even remember what I had this set to either now.
Really annoyed at this

EVERYTHING gets reset when there's a change, the last few updates didn't relate to the camera so camera settings didn't get reset but this one does, so they're gone. It's well known it happens so write down/take screenshots.

Reactions: dirkclod
The Shield K1 has a nice, built-in screen recording feature.

Way back when I got my P4, I noted there was no way to save/backup settings. So, I created a video of going through every page of the settings, and the camera settings, scrolling through each page.

It's a really easy way to put it all back, as you're just doing play/pause on a single video, rather than having to scroll through a bunch of images.

Best thing to do is screenshot the settings. In the future, your settings should be saved to DJI profile and uploaded to Mavic when they get changed.

Yep, resets all the camera stuff. Lesson is to screenshot the settings and always check after every update. I was about to take off when I noticed the settings were off, then aborted to do a thorough sweep.

Is there a "Suggest an idea" section anywhere on the DJI website as I feel this kind of thing is essential (Maybe the Mavic could create a small file on the Micro SD card with all the relevant info) ?

It is a major pain to ensure settings integrity across versions on that kind of devices so it's certainly intentional. Better wipe everything to known good defaults and let the user do the settings so he's sure he's got what he wants than risk errors because an automatic conversion messed up something without you knowing. You should be reviewing your settings regularly as a preflight item anyway.
I tend not to trust such functions on most systems I use that have them after having been bitten many times.

It is a major pain to ensure settings integrity across versions on that kind of devices so it's certainly intentional. Better wipe everything to known good defaults and let the user do the settings so he's sure he's got what he wants than risk errors because an automatic conversion messed up something without you knowing. You should be reviewing your settings regularly as a preflight item anyway.
I tend not to trust such functions on most systems I use that have them after having been bitten many times.
I hear what your saying and I will be implementing this from now on, but "Camera settings" are not a pre flight check as far as Im concerned.

Ha ha this happened to me too. I send the mavic out drained a full battery taking photos, sat down with a coffee later that day ready to enjoy my photos and discovered they were total shot.

Really frustrating when it happens but at least I know now that this'll happen every time I update.

Why there isn't something as simple as a 'save settings' option is beyond me, on board internal memory and no way to save your set up, really annoying!!

Ha ha this happened to me too. I send the mavic out drained a full battery taking photos, sat down with a coffee later that day ready to enjoy my photos and discovered they were total shot.

Really frustrating when it happens but at least I know now that this'll happen every time I update.
This didnt happen to me on the previous update but did on the latest.

but "Camera settings" are not a pre flight check as far as Im concerned.
Mine contains everything I would be frustrated with if it wasn't set correctly ;)

There are many things that alter camera settings. Third party apps, goggles, the downlink quality setting... and some updates.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s