DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arm bushing damage: use insurance or fix?

Reactions
I had an unfortunate incident involving my Mini 2 falling out of a tree.

Below is a photo of what appears to be the only damage. A piece is missing from the black bushing between the arm and the body. While I could snap it back into place, it's loose. I had to snap it back into place to permit the arm to fold back into its storage position; otherwise, the arm was stuck in the deployed position.

I guess I can detach the arm, replace that part, and be good. But I am not certain. Is this something I should attempt to repair at my own cost, or should I burn a DJI Care use?

I am comfortable doing my own repairs. Just seeking guidance from experts since I don't know the structure of this device well enough to know if this kind of repair is advisable.

IMG_5028.jpg

You can buy a replacement arm from Amazon for $39.99 and if you’re comfortable soldering small wires, it’s not a bad project for an hour or so. Just make sure you order the correct arm; left or right, front or rear. There are you tube videos showing how to do it. Maybe watch that before deciding. After zooming in, you’ll have to replace that whole arm, either way.

Just open a repair ticket and send it in to DJI and be done with it. They pay shipping both ways, and will give you a free repair estimate, and then give you the option of paying the repair cost or using one of your DJI Care deductible replacements, which is only $49! Sounds like the $49 is your best option!

You can buy a replacement arm from Amazon for $39.99 and if you’re comfortable soldering small wires, it’s not a bad project for an hour or so. Just make sure you order the correct arm; left or right, front or rear. There are you tube videos showing how to do it. Maybe watch that before deciding. After zooming in, you’ll have to replace that whole arm, either way.
Thank you. While I have no problem doing that, I am concerned what effect it will have on the DJI Care warranty.

Just open a repair ticket and send it in to DJI and be done with it. They pay shipping both ways, and will give you a free repair estimate, and then give you the option of paying the repair cost or using one of your DJI Care deductible replacements, which is only $49! Sounds like the $49 is your best option!
Thank you. Will investigate that. Didn't want to burn through an insurance use so quickly, but lesson learned!

Thank you. While I have no problem doing that, I am concerned what effect it will have on the DJI Care warranty.
So you really have three choices; fix it yourself, have them fix it and you pay for it, or use the insurance claim. Maybe the second choice is the easiest and best

Reactions: bmcelya
Thank you. Will investigate that. Didn't want to burn through an insurance use so quickly, but lesson learned!
That's what the insurance is for. Pilot error. Even after using the insurance for this incident, you still have one more claim left, with only a $59 deductible. After that, you are on your own! Most insurance claims happen early on during coverage, as you learn what not to do. Inexperienced pilots have more incidents than experienced pilots. Lessons will be learned along the way. Embrace them, and move on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada