DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrested for Landing Drone on World Trade Center Tower 3

I get "Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. "
Pennsylvania man busted for crashing drone at World Trade Center site
By Thomas Tracy
New York Daily News |
Apr 01, 2021 at 2:40 PM

A Pennsylvania man was arrested for crashing his drone onto the roof of 3 World Trade Center, police said.

Thomas Dhalquist was operating the remote-controlled flyer from the corner of Dey and Church Sts. in lower Manhattan when it crashed around 11:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Cops collared the 27-year-old Philadelphia resident as he tried to get to the roof of the building to retrieve the drone.

Dhalquist refused to cooperate with police and gave them a fake name. He also had illegal drugs on him, authorities said.

Cops charged Dhalquist with reckless endangerment, drug possession, false impersonation and violating rules about operating drones in New York City.

It is illegal to fly drones in the city outside of designated areas, authorities said.

It’s not as if people are sensitive about unauthorised aircraft around that area for any reason is it? Sounds to me like the kind of thoughtless action that would need the perpetrator to be under the influence of drugs or something right?

Natural selection at work

I stumbled across this guys insta page “thedronalist” he has 816 post and he breaks about every drone law that there is .... stuff like this will definitely cause more crackdowns and higher punishments/fines!

I stumbled across this guys insta page “thedronalist” he has 816 post and he breaks about every drone law that there is .... stuff like this will definitely cause more crackdowns and higher punishments/fines!

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Reactions: Droniac

Are you saying this is the same person mentioned in the article? Or just another person flying a drone in NYC?

How stupid. This guy shouldn't even be called a pilot. What he did was dangerous and gives people an excuse to paint us all with the same brush.

Are you saying this is the same person mentioned in the article? Or just another person flying a drone in NYC?
Speechless.

Same person

Same person
My intent is not to be argumentative, but the YouTube channel linked from the Instagram account uses a different name from the article about the crash. The individual behind the Instagram/YouTube channel also appears to be a 107 licensed pilot with work for various media outlets. I don’t think it’s the same person and caution us from trying to sleuth out and connect these two things - like I have :)

My intent is not to be argumentative, but the YouTube channel linked from the Instagram account uses a different name from the article about the crash. The individual behind the Instagram/YouTube channel also appears to be a 107 licensed pilot with work for various media outlets. I don’t think it’s the same person and caution us from trying to sleuth out and connect these two things - like I have :)

Thanks for researching this. No need to blame someone who is innocent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus