DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Artifacts? Any advice?

crazyju

Reactions
First take it easy on me. I have just started trying to edit videos. At the very end of this video, the edge of the tree looks terrible, what causes this? I have several other shots that the same thing is happening.

Did you happen to change the frame rate during those shots and not adjust when editing?

The Tree Artifacts and residual Ghosting … most likely has a lot to do with the compression used.
When Uploading to YouTube it would be great to get Tiny files - … But actually the Bigger the file the Better (Often ) the quality.
It appears that this one Battled to compress the Multiple Moving Twigs in the Tree segment... so the compressor 'shares' its 'ability' offsetting the SHarpness for the Movement.

Usually a Good Rule Is Great Lighting -from the front (not the back)
… and if bad lighting then LESS movement (ie Night SHots) -

Bottom Line the Tree Can By fixed by using a Higher quality Value in your EXPORT -

The Tree Artifacts and residual Ghosting … most likely has a lot to do with the compression used.
When Uploading to YouTube it would be great to get Tiny files - … But actually the Bigger the file the Better (Often ) the quality.
It appears that this one Battled to compress the Multiple Moving Twigs in the Tree segment... so the compressor 'shares' its 'ability' offsetting the SHarpness for the Movement.

Usually a Good Rule Is Great Lighting -from the front (not the back)
… and if bad lighting then LESS movement (ie Night SHots) -

Bottom Line the Tree Can By fixed by using a Higher quality Value in your EXPORT -
Im not sure what you mean by a higher quality Value? I used Davinci resolve and exported in full 4k. the artifacts are visible in the raw footage straight off of the sd card.

Looks like the sharpness is turned up too high within the DJIGO4 Camera settings. Use Custom Settings and try a value of -2

Im not sure what you mean by a higher quality Value? I used Davinci resolve and exported in full 4k. the artifacts are visible in the raw footage straight off of the sd card.

… Hmmm if it comes off the Card then its possible that [U]BD0G[/U] recommendation will help. (the softening of the sharpness) - although for backlit targets it may not be enough for the compressor.

That baren tree in high speed movement has MANY twigs … and all need to be sharp in that pan - so higher frame rate may help - at increased ISO sensitivity.

Even off the card … video is compressed and bad lighting will resolve to that look -
ie " the compressor 'shares' its 'ability' offsetting the Sharpness for the Movement."

The same shot with NO movement in that light would have cleared most of the artifacts … test it...
Its always a Trade off … If Sharpness is Important … then raising your ISO sensitivity may help loads- but at the expense of other Grainy looks -

I think positioning the shot in good Lighting (Drone side) on the target - … is the right solution - … (just thinking it through when Flying...)

I came across this “artifact” when shooting hyperlapse the other day.
They are visible in the dmg files too.
I’ll try to lower the sharpness and test again but I decided to post to see if anyone has had similar issues...IMG_2591.JPG

You can see specially over the roof of the station, and bare in mind that this is after Debanding in Davinci Resolve, so in the dmg it’s even stronger...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3