DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistance with 360 panorama

Jay7

Reactions
Hi all I am new here, so please excuse if I am sounding dumb.
I had clicked this 360 panorama from the drone and it gave that amazing tiny earth thing, apparently I don’t have a huge memory card so I had to transfer all the pics to desktop,
But now I wish to take screenshot of tiny earth thing so I transferred the files back to drone but the drone doesn’t wanna show that tiny earth in playback.

So the question is how do I get that done, also if there are any desktop software, and will that desktop software give the same interactive feel that the dji app have while viewing that panorama.
Waiting to here some expert advice.
Thanks in advance

By tiny earth thing do you mean Asteroid ?
VLC player will play the file, its free and plays almost every video format.

Astaroid.JPG

This is a screenshot from VLC player.

Reactions: brettbrandon
By tiny earth thing do you mean Asteroid ?
VLC player will play the file, its free and plays almost every video format.

View attachment 81392

This is a screenshot from VLC player.
Na na, what you are saying the quick shots, and I am saying is the type of photo...
So it has single shot, hdr there it also something in the list called pano 360 and it automatically stitches to a beautiful tiny planet, and the app gives a wonderful interactive feel to play with.
If you have not tried it I ll request you to do check that out
And thanks again

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I use a free website called Kuula.com It displays the 360 pano online nicely, and also can toggle it to a tiny planet. Here is one example of a 360 but I can convert it to a tiny planet with one click: Henry Park 1 DJI_0517 333.

Hey this perfect, I was looking for this but this is online right, so I ll have to upload the all the jpeg and it ll stitch or what and how is the picture quality once its processed.

And Thanks for your reply

Hey this perfect, I was looking for this but this is online right, so I ll have to upload the all the jpeg and it ll stitch or what and how is the picture quality once its processed.

And Thanks for your reply

With the mavic 2, the pano is complely created into 1 file on the drone. No stitching or manipulation needed. I just upload that single wide picture to Kuula and it shows up as 360.

With the mavic 2, the pano is complely created into 1 file on the drone. No stitching or manipulation needed. I just upload that single wide picture to Kuula and it shows up as 360.

Hmm, thanks again for an update on this.
I haven’t tried it yet shall do that soon,

But I am still searching for an offline software that can also give good resolution and I can get that interactive interface so that I can play around and then crop the image in high resolution

Last edited:
But I am still searching for an offline software that can also give good resolution and I can get that interactive interface so that I can crop the image in high resolution

I've used the app below on Windows 10. Works great. It has an "autorotate" option that is useful (right-click the pano). There is also a iOS version.

The magic behind the little planets, etc. is the same as we are used to see every day on maps ... it's a defined projection, Stereographic projection to be precise.
There are some free, some very expensive pano stitchers out there, which feature a lot of those projections to play around.

One is Microsoft ICE, which I am not totally sure it features the respective projection, but Hugin, also freeware, is very mighty and may help you.
Though the Mavic renders a complete panorama, I would suggest that you always save the individual photos (there's an option in the menu) as you will enjoy a lot more freedom, creativity and control with it in postproduction. ;)

Happy and safe flying!

The magic behind the little planets, etc. is the same as we are used to see every day on maps ... it's a defined projection, Stereographic projection to be precise.
There are some free, some very expensive pano stitchers out there, which feature a lot of those projections to play around.

One is Microsoft ICE, which I am not totally sure it features the respective projection, but Hugin, also freeware, is very mighty and may help you.
Though the Mavic renders a complete panorama, I would suggest that you always save the individual photos (there's an option in the menu) as you will enjoy a lot more freedom, creativity and control with it in postproduction. ;)

Happy and safe flying!

Thanks
Stereographic projection is the right word.
Yes I have the individual pics saved as well, but you know I am new to this and finding it difficult to stitch panorama.
And I was looking for desktop app which will give me stereo graphic projection and also lets me play with it in high res

Reactions: globetrotterdrone

Happy and safe flying!

I am half bald already and I am sure if you have not replied this thread, then I might have gone full bald ?‍??
ICE is the perfect software
Thanks a million

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
No worries, ICE is very good for being free and it serves most purposes well.
I was just coming back from a trip myself and will fire up some programs including ICE for the panos.

Glad you found it useful! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent