DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 for mavic pro 2 not working!!

SnowSkier

Reactions
Well, I've tried everything trying to stablish connection with DJI Assistant 2 and my Mavic Pro 2.
It just wont connect!! I've also disabled the Microsoft Driver Signature for my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits and didn't work either.

What a disappointment!

DJI shoul have solved this issue already! So many complaints I've read on the internet about this...

Now I'm afraid to fly the Mavic because some malfunction can happen and I may loose a 1499€ drone!

Bad call DJI!

I've been trying to update almost everyday without sucess...
anyway, I've also been flying the MP2 without any problems at all, except for some "firmware update messages" on RC while I'm flying.
This happen sometimes, not all the time...

I've tried everything including disable the signatures of Microsoft and still doesn't allow me to update....

Reactions: mavin
Hi there,

Is there any flight modes working without updating firmware?
Meaning, if I don't update can I still use all of the flight modes available? Anyone have experience on this?
Still can't update firmware. I've tried everything even disable the Microsoft Drivers certificate and still no success...

Hey SnowSkier, I've been going through the same goose chase for days now. I was searching for the files to downgrade DJI Assistant, like SO MANY threads suggested. And every last one of those download sites no longer worked.

But today, I ran across this solution. Download the new DJI Flight Simulator, and get the file named dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe out of the resulting C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator directory. Run it on your Win8.1 computer.

FWIW, I have my Group Policy -> User Configuration->Admin Templates->System->Driver Installation->Code for Signing Drivers ENABLED and set to WARN. But I am not so sure you need that any longer.

Once you run that .EXE, and it installs the three drivers, everything works.

Strange, as DJI's site says that the Flight Simulator requires Windows 10. I managed to install it on Windows 7, on a very old machine, and it ran okay, using the lowest graphics setting, 780p, and running in a window instead of full screen. I am going to do a full install of the free demo on this SurfacePro with 8.1, and I think it's going to run better here.

But I already ran that driver installer here, and I can now use DJI Assistant 2 on both my Win7 machine, and this Win8.1 SurfacePro, so I THINK you're going to find that this solves your problem.

-Paul

[edit] Well, the free Simulator runs on the SurfacePro3 with Win8.1, but it is too laggy to use, even with the lowest settings. I am kinda surprised it runs so much better on a 15-16 year old tower with Win7 x64. But both machines can now load both the RC and the MA in Assistant2, so I am real happy![/edit]

Last edited:
Try updating via WiFi and Go4. I have an MA and an M2P and have never even tried to install assistant.

My firmware etc is always up to date and never had a problem.

Try updating via WiFi and Go4. I have an MA and an M2P and have never even tried to install assistant.

Can you calibrate the vision sensors on the MA without DJI Assistant? I couldn't find a way.

Can you calibrate the vision sensors on the MA without DJI Assistant? I couldn't find a way.

Ah, no. Can’t say I’ve ever even thought about calibrating the vision sensors. They’ve always worked just dandy for me.

Hey SnowSkier, I've been going through the same goose chase for days now. I was searching for the files to downgrade DJI Assistant, like SO MANY threads suggested. And every last one of those download sites no longer worked.

But today, I ran across this solution. Download the new DJI Flight Simulator, and get the file named dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe out of the resulting C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator directory. Run it on your Win8.1 computer.

FWIW, I have my Group Policy -> User Configuration->Admin Templates->System->Driver Installation->Code for Signing Drivers ENABLED and set to WARN. But I am not so sure you need that any longer.

Strange, as DJI's site says that the Flight Simulator requires Windows 10. I managed to install it on Windows 7, on a very old machine, and it ran okay, using the lowest graphics setting, 780p, and running in a window instead of full screen. I am going to do a full install of the free demo on this SurfacePro with 8.1, and I think it's going to run better here.

But I already ran that driver installer here, and I can now use DJI Assistant 2 on both my Win7 machine, and this Win8.1 SurfacePro, so I THINK you're going to find that this solves your problem.

Thanks! I'll try it.

Hi Danny,

I've tried before maybe twice or so and when the files are being transferred it stops over and over again...keeping the % in 4...

Anyway, I've been flying without updating and everythink works fine till now. Including vision sensors.
The messages to update firmware keep comming all the time but so far so good.
I've been flying mannualy, never used flight modes, except for tripod, position and sport.

Thta's from where I've downloaded. Already installed and uninstalled and installed again and it doesn't work...
same here just now

I have tried 2 different PCs
1 Win 10 with the current version 2.06 and older v1.24 = nothing
1 win 8.1 with the current version 2.06 and older v1.24 = nothing

on the Win 10 laptop, did the Maintenance mode, turned off driver signing = nothing

on the Win 8.1 PC , ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download = The MP showed up and can be accessed

on the Win 10 laptop, ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download = nothing

-Paul

[edit] Well, the free Simulator runs on the SurfacePro3 with Win8.1, but it is too laggy to use, even with the lowest settings. I am kinda surprised it runs so much better on a 15-16 year old tower with Win7 x64. But both machines can now load both the RC and the MA in Assistant2, so I am real happy![/edit]

that worked finally on my Win 8.1 PC on versions 1.24 and 2.06
connected to a MP, spark and my controllers

will try the win 10 laptop next

1 Win 10 with the current version 2.06 and older v1.24 = nothing
1 win 8.1 with the current version 2.06 and older v1.24 = nothing

on the Win 10 laptop, did the Maintenance mode, turned off driver signing = nothing

on the Win 10 laptop, ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download with v2.06, both after installing Assistant 2 and before installing it = nothing
on the Win 10 laptop, ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download with v1.2.4, before installing Assistant 2 and it worked right away, access my Spark,

on the Win 8.1 PC , ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download with v1.24 = The MP. Spark and controller showed up and now can be accessed
on the Win 10 laptop, ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download with v2.06, both after installing Assistant 2 and before installing it = nothing

on the Win 8.1 PC , ran the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe from the flight simulator download with v1.24 = The MP. Spark and controller showed up and now can be accessed

hI mAVIN,

How can I get that .exe? From the flight simulator? Where can I get it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22