DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asurion Protection Plan?

generaltso

Reactions
I'd like to see the contract. Who pays for the s/h to and from repair center?? What's the maximum amount of time you'll be without your bird should it need to be sent in? If they sit on it for 2 months or more waiting on parts availability, its worthless.

It does cover water damage and they pay for shipping both ways. I'll see what other terms and conditions I can find.

If that is the case then it is a better deal than DJI's plan. Let us know what you find out. Says it is fully transferable so if you get a Mavic Pro 2 it will be covered. Even covers the controller and if they can't fix it they will issue an Amazon gift card for full replacement. Contract is mailed to you directly after purchase with a full 30 day refund. Seems they insure all major brands of cell phones from the carrier as well as tablets, checked with the BBB and they have a AAA rating, you can check them out here. AT&T Cell Phone Replacement | Phoneclaim.com

Last edited:
I did some research and it seems this is legit, a well regarded company with good reviews and high credit and consumer rating. $149 for 2 years is very good, and covers repair or full replacement for just about anything, no deductible, free shipping to and from, and covers total loss (unlike DJI) Must be purchased within 30 days of receiving your drone, even covers manufacturer defects.

I just called their customer service and asked some questions. They said that typical turn around time for items that are repairable is 10 days or less, but they don't guarantee that in their terms and conditions. If it's not repairable, they will issue you an Amazon gift card for the full purchase price of the drone AND the full purchase price of the protection plan. So that would total $1150 for a Mavic for you to purchase another one and another protection plan.

They don't actually fix anything in-house. They have contracted service centers for each type of item, so you would likely send a Mavic to a service center that specializes in drones. He couldn't tell me who that would be though.

Seems too good to be true, but Asurion has been insuring cell phones through carriers for years and generally gets great reviews.

I just bought the DJI refresh plan, I wonder if I can get it refunded?

I believe that DJI will only refund their Refresh plan if you return the drone. Would be easy enough for a Phantom, but definitely not worth returning the Mavic since there's no telling when another one would ship.

95% of my flying is over water, if I were able to locate the bird and send it in for repair, are they going to honor the coverage or exclude for water damage?

95% of my flying is over water, if I were able to locate the bird and send it in for repair, are they going to honor the coverage or exclude for water damage?

The plan covers water damage. More than likely, a fully submerged Mavic would be exchanged for an $1150 Amazon gift card.

Where are you reading this information from, I was unable to locate it?

Doesn't sound too solid to me. I don't want to have to fight them to fix it

I'm not trying to convince anyone. That's why I started this thread....to see if anyone has any experience with them.

I'm going to give it a shot. But I guess I won't really be able to report much unless I do end up crashing my Mavic. Hopefully, that doesn't happen until a potential replacement is readily available on Amazon or the gift card won't do much for me.

Well, considering how bad DJI CS is I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to find any possible reason not to repair or replace your quad if you crash it. Everyone is acting like they will be any better than other company's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada