DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ASUS Nextus 7 Tablet Compatibility

ScottTX

Reactions
Hi All,

I have an old ASUS Nexus 7, that I think would make a good tablet for the Std. Air 2 controller. It has a bright display and it's 7" size would seem to be a sweet spot. It is running Android version 6.0.1.
The DJI Fly app. does not seem to be compatible with it. It is not a downloadable choice in the Google Playstore.
However, the DJI GO 4 is downloadable.
Any Thoughts?

Firstly ... nowadays you download DJI apps directly from DJI, either they are missing from Google Play or it's not the latest version there. For the FLY app go here --> DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI & then side load it to the mobile device.

Secondly ... the DJI FLY app requires a proper 64bit device to run, that old Asus seems to have a 32bit architecture so it will not work ... either the FLY app just don't start, or it will not run as it should.

Firstly ... nowadays you download DJI apps directly from DJI, either they are missing from Google Play or it's not the latest version there. For the FLY app go here --> DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI & then side load it to the mobile device.

Secondly ... the DJI FLY app requires a proper 64bit device to run, that old Asus seems to have a 32bit architecture so it will not work ... either the FLY app just don't start, or it will not run as it should.
Thanks! - I've found that the iOS version on the Apple Store is also not necessarily the latest version also.
Thanks also for the heads up on the 32 vs. 64 bit ARM. That's something that an old EE like myself can appreciate.
Finally, do you have a contemporary/cheap 7" tablet you would recommend? I don't want to use my iPhone as it creates too many interruptions. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS